Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #11  
There was a fellow living somewhere south of me that would "roll coal" with his diesel pickup. Haven't seen him or his truck in quite a while. Maybe the truck blew up .......... or he moved.

Whatever .............

The county road, out my way, has NO shoulders. Cyclists take a real chance riding this road. Especially when there are many idiots liking to go 60+ on this county road. It's a situation just aimed at disaster.

Last edited:
   / Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #12  
I also agree with this. There’s plenty of cyclists practically begging to get hit.
We have a huge problem in my area with cyclists and passive aggressive behavior towards motorists. They will form a pack and not allow drivers to get by when they could in a single file line.
About 25 years ago, my wife passed a line of male cyclists and when they caught up to her at the next light, made comments to her about the mere act of her having the nerve to pass them, one even kicking her car.
What a tough guy

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #13  
Never have understood the purpose to putting a 5 gallon bucket as your exhaust tip. All the stupid farm kids and wanna be farmers living in the city around here do it. Just straight up annoying.

And yes, I was a kid that had dual exhaust on his pickup truck...but it was just loud, not throwing black smoke everywhere so people couldn't see through an intersection for the entire light change.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #14  
I think most cyclists like most drivers are courteous and try and stay out of the way. I’ve been a bike rider since a little kid but not a serious one. I know it’s annoying but would you pass a car in a blind corner or hill? We bought e bikes about 3 weeks ago and about the third day someone passed us on a blind corner, driving in the wrong lane. The next day the exact same situation a guy in a pickup. He waited 20 seconds for us to clear the corner before passing.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #15  
This incredible level of immaturity of some people just drives me crazy. Why on earth do they consider this "cool"?
I'm sure for the same reason some Harley owners take the mufflers off their bikes or the kids with their riced out Suburus put fart can mufflers and/or megawatt stereos playing rap music on them, they think by being obnoxious they must be some sort of bad@ss. Compensating.
Never even heard the term rolling coal until a previous thread here maybe 6 months ago. Don't think I've seen it done around here, though plenty of LOUD Harleys and fart-can Suburus.
We have a huge problem in my area with cyclists and passive aggressive behavior towards motorists. They will form a pack and not allow drivers to get by when they could in a single file line.
About 25 years ago, my wife passed a line of male cyclists and when they caught up to her at the next light, made comments to her about the mere act of her having the nerve to pass them, one even kicking her car.
What a tough guy
No excuse for this behavior either. You constantly hear about bicyclists complaining about not getting respect, well, it's a 2 way street.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #16  
but would you pass a car in a blind corner or hill?
I typically do what is best for myself and doesn't wreck or scare the biker, often times that means waiting slow behind them to then pass once I know its clear, sometimes the biker can see ahead and wave me on, rarely do I pass when I can't see if someone is coming flying at us. Having been an avid bike rider I try and always give them half a lane or better when passing them.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #17  
Cyclists are supposed to obey all the automotive codes but never do so, or rarely.
Stops and banned left turns don't apply to them!
Passing on the right side has created 'dooring' fines.
Then is the protected passing zone that favors the cyclist and causes traffic jambs especially on narrow curvy roads.
Add to that they demand crack free asphalt for their narrow bike tires.
AND
Only pay a one time retail tax upon their bike purchase unlike vehicles that are heavily taxed on fuel purchases to maintain the roads.

Oh, but its healthy! LOL, true that there are few obese cyclists riding.

Who in future will pay to maintain our road ways?
Added is the ever growing electric car fleet that used electricity that is road tax free.

If you think road maintenance is wanting presently, just wait to see 10 years later.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #18  
I see a lot of blame to the victims here.
I have been on a bike, single file with friends and been attacked while not breaking any laws and trying not to impact traffic.
First time I got attacked I was about 11.
My son has had people yelling at him while riding around here by himself.
We have no sidewalks or shoulder in most places and I worry people who think bicycles are evil will go after us.

Yes bicyclists should behave. When they don't they should be ticketed etc. I have yelled at many bicyclists myself for making a bad name for all of us.

But no one deserves to be murdered for riding a bike.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #19  
Guys, I get that if you don't ride a bicycle for exercise, you might think of them as a nuisance when they are in the road. But let's please not blame the victims here. Riding in a pack is safer for the bicyclists and the drivers. Just have to wait to pass safely, not that big a deal.

Piloon, 250 lbs or less of bicycle/rider does not damage the road in any way, and you know that.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #20  
A friend of mine was out riding his bike in his rural area. Back tire was leaked down so he was pushing it back home.
Some young boys packed in a jeep cj pulled up beside him and yelled. You're supposed to ride it, fat azz!!!
He said He should have yanked them out and kicked some tail....