Habits

/ Habits #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I, pretty much like everyone else have habits. Things that you have done your whole life, but don’t know why. Things like I always put my pants and shoes on right side first. But I put my socks on left first. I always step up on a ladder left foot first. I put my keys in my right pocket when getting out of the car, but then when I get to the house door to unlock it,, I have the grocery bags in my right hand. Either set them down or transfer to left hand to get the keys.

How about you “guys”?

/ Habits #3  
I used to put shirts on left arm first, until my right shoulder went to pot. Learned to slide the right arm in first pretty quickly. After shoulder replacement, I can do it either way.
Getting older, putting on clean underwear without falling over is a trick with dropfoot (calf muscle no longer works) on the right leg.
Have had the same morning regimen for 60 years, so I'm like a robot in the morning.

/ Habits #5  
Here we go...and off topic a bit but coin change made me think of this.
My wife's Dad was 6'6" Native American, a great guy and father...he & wife very close.
He had this habit all her life of throwing pocket change to her. It was sort of a funny thing he did and he passed at 90. When my wife sold her parents home they bought new in 1932 we found maybe a few dollars in change scattered around, thought nothing of it except we kept finding coins. I just thought they got overlooked.
That last day we did the final cleaning, gave neighbors any remaining furniture and loaded what she wanted to keep in the car.
The next day wife was exhausted and I decided to go over for one last walk through.
Only my wife and I had keys to house and doors had deadbolts. In center of house downstairs was the dining room. Opening the secure front door you could hear that echo sound since house by now completely empty, the hardwood floors cleaned and waxed. I walked through the living room and stopped at the double french doors open into the dining room. In the middle of dining room floor was a neat stack of coins...quarter, nickle, penny and dime.

/ Habits #6  
I, pretty much like everyone else have habits. Things that you have done your whole life, but don’t know why. Things like I always put my pants and shoes on right side first. But I put my socks on left first. I always step up on a ladder left foot first. I put my keys in my right pocket when getting out of the car, but then when I get to the house door to unlock it,, I have the grocery bags in my right hand. Either set them down or transfer to left hand to get the keys.

How about you “guys”?
That's interesting, i do most of those just the opposite of you except the ladder. I had something i did, and didn't notice it until one time a bunch of us were talking about weird or maybe superstitious things we did. One person started the convo saying that they felt better when there were two time keepers in the room, either clocks or watches. Mine was counting, i have a habit of counting when filling something up and seeing what i get to when it's full.

/ Habits #7  
I have to remind myself in the mornings...Pants first...then shoes...!

/ Habits #8  

How about you “guys”?
Are you left hand dominant or right hand dominant?
I'm LHD and find that a lot of things are not set up best for me.
In America with a car where I have to use a key in the ignition it seems the ignition is always right of the steering wheel. Thus keys come out in the right hand.

/ Habits #9  
I have a habit and I know exactly why. When I finish using a tool - there is ONE exact spot where it goes. This way I always know where it and any other tools are. My son comes out and uses my tools and they would be spread all over creation. I changed that situation - right pronto.

/ Habits #10  
My habit is I'm late for everything. I had to open my business at 9 am, 12 miles away, so I set alarm for 8:30...showered and dressed on the way, weaving in and out of traffic. At work I had a sign on door "will be here in 5-10 minutes. Please wait". I would unlock door at 9:07...always people waiting.
Similar to this: