Tires Had my BX22 Tires filled with Arnco Superflex.

/ Had my BX22 Tires filled with Arnco Superflex. #1  

Anonymous Poster

After looking at my options I decided to go the expense of having my tires filled with Arnco Superflex Softfill. Someone over in the Owning/ Operating forum had mentioned he had his tires done with this and was pleased.

Great stuff.... I did not notice much of a difference in the ride when mowing the yard, in fact it seemed like some of the bumps were not felt as much in the seat.. Just like having air in the tires. On my BX22 it added about 150 lbs. to each rear tire and about 46lbs. for each front.

It's not cheap by any means. I did notice all the world of difference with the FEL when cutting down and removing some top soil. With the added weight on the ground the tires would bite right in and not spin as much. Most times I ran out of engine power before I could make the tires spin.

Moved some heavy buckets of wet gravel dust with only my rear blade on the back for weight and didn't lift the rear off the ground. I may still put my wheel weights back on though just to be on the safe side.

Expensive stuff but glad I had it done. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dave...

/ Had my BX22 Tires filled with Arnco Superflex. #2  
So what was the cost?

/ Had my BX22 Tires filled with Arnco Superflex.
Depends on how much material they have to pump in. They charge by the weight used. Different dealers probably have different pricing but for me it was a little over $500 with tax/shop material fee. by the time I got out the door to get all four tires filled.

They used Arnco's charts to calculate the cost in my the original quote but my tires held about 8lbs. more than what was estimated.. If I remember correctly it was $1.25/lb. for the material which included the labor.

Dave...