Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
The sales person never told me I needed a LP conversion kit.... burrr Grumble grumble. Now I had to locate part and order. Can稚 get the part till Monday. They went over every part I would need for install. but no mention of this. My older GE dryer never had to have one installed so I知 not sure why the LG does.

of course because of the tight location I now have to remove the washer to get to the back of dryer. Units are on a 18 platform cabinet I had built.

my back is hurting just thinking about it.

burr grumble grumble.

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #2  
I have an LG w/d set also. The worst part of your ordeal will be to get access to the bottom front of the dryer. Being up on the platform is no big deal. All that is involved is changing out one orifice in the burner tube. It takes longer to get the front of the dryer off. Follow the instructions with the kit explicitly.... you will be done in about a half hour.

I just thought of something... I have the front load set up... if you have the top load, it may be all different....

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #3  
Ahh, just saw in the title front load ....

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #4  
you're better off using natural gas, anyway, it's much cheaper than propane!.. but, some of the gas units came with an adjustable nozzle, you tighten it up for propane, and loosen it up a little for natural gas, so you didn't have to change the nozzle. some newer appliances don't have the adjustable nozzle, so you have to change it for whatever gas you use..

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today
Not sure why I never had to change the GE gas port. Had it for 10 years and never had any issues. Washer broke down.

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #7  
I got the same surprise fro LG when we replaced our stove. HD wanted something like $25 for the "kit". hmmm - surprise - I pulled the required parts off of my old dilapidated stove and used those. Much easier since I already knew those fit, and they work just fine. I haven't found too many pipe adapters and orifices that wear out.

I might mention though, on my dryer access is via either of two separate panels on front as well as the back. The front lower one, most often used for clean-out, is held in place by only two screws. Now, the back panel, which you speak of, has a gob of screws to remove for access. That one's a real pain in the back! Check first to see if you can't access the orifices from an easier access point.

These units have a service door in the front, and has an alarm to warn the filter needs cleaning. The old GE unit I had to remove lower front panel and scoot machine off the pedestal to drain water. The new one has a hose for service. Way easier. I know about the filter issues and ok with it.

I watched video on lp conversion, seems pretty straight forward. Mostly accessed up front except for 3 screws in rear.

I like Generacs take on gas conversion. Simply turn a handle while pushing down. Conversion takes 2 seconds. And for what these units cost....come on, at least supply the stupid $2 part.

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #9  
Not sure why I never had to change the GE gas port. Had it for 10 years and never had any issues. Washer broke down.
it must have been set up already for Propane, as if not set up correctly, you'll get a yellow flame, which is very high in CO, not good, you'll also get inefficient burning, and wasting of gas!..

it must have been set up already for Propane, as if not set up correctly, you'll get a yellow flame, which is very high in CO, not good, you'll also get inefficient burning, and wasting of gas!..
It may have been, I know I didn’t do it. But I may have purchased it ready for propane. Just don’t recall.