Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #11  
We have a whirlpool or Maytag front load. I hate it! Unless you buy the bottom drawer to raise them, they're a pain to load and unload. It also takes forever to run a load and then the clothes really don't come out that clean anyway. I bought my mom the cheapest top load I could find (about half the price of the front load). It does a load quick and noticeably cleaner than the front load. It probably uses a lot more water, but I'm on a well, who cares. I just don't think there's any substitute for water volume when trying to get clothes clean.

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today #12  
30 years with a Maytag A606 top load washer that was still running, we bought a GE "laundry center". Unitized stacked top load washer dryer.
It washes fine but with all the safety stuff built in, it is super sensitive to an unbalanced load, unlike a front loader.
So it shuts off if it can't correct the imbalance, and you have to reach in and re-arrange or remove items to get it in balance.
I thought it was a result of just tossing the laundry in willy nilly, so I started carefully arranging things in a more even distribution but no luck.
My wife has started doing smaller loads and that seems to work but seems counter productive.
The Maytag [which we bought used!] never had any problems in all those decades. I am not confident that this new rig will last half a long if even that. New stuff:p

/ Had new LG front load washer and dryer delivered and installed today
mine are on a built in cabinet so loading and unloading is easy. i have never had any issues with clothes not cleaning with front loads, my problem was bearing gave up the ghost on the GE and they are not replaceable. you have to replace the entire drum at $480.00. the new LG has a $28.00 bearing that can be rep[laced down the road. 20200409_124645.jpg