Half ton pickup tires

/ Half ton pickup tires #31  
The factory tires on my Tundra are getting close to worn out. They're P-metric tires. Looking at tires I see P-metric, metric and LT tires. This is a 2wd truck which sees some dirt roads but not a lot and nothing difficult. Which type should I go with?

The factory Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts are terrible. They're down to 5/32 or 4/32 after only 16k miles and have poor traction in the wet. Right now I'm leaning towards metric. The LTs in the same nominal size are different enough diameter that I'd need to buy one for the spare, and they seem heavier duty than I need.
Something to remember. Factory tires are called round black things. That is because the car manufacturers push for cheap prices from the tire manufacturers this they build a cheaper tire because they get to sell millions of them. This is really noticeable in motorcycle tires. I personally think is is a bad idea because it ruins the name with the buyer just as Bridgestone has with you

/ Half ton pickup tires #33  
Cooper tires for me, just purchased some new shoes for my F150:

and I will be installing the new tires with OEM rims after removing the Cooper studded snows/rims in the late Spring.

KC

/ Half ton pickup tires #34  

and I will be installing the new tires with OEM rims after removing the Cooper studded snows/rims in the late Spring.

KC
Had both Cooper Discoverer and replaced with Michelin LTX on my Tundra when I had it; found traction about equal but the Michelin's produced a little harsher ride

/ Half ton pickup tires #35  
I prefer BF Goodrich KO2.
Had them on my last truck and I'm waiting impatiently for my Michelin's to wear out enough that I can get rid of them.
Good information here: https://comparethetire.com/bfgoodrich-ko2-vs-general-grabber-atx/

They are not cheap!
Just put my second set on my 2011 Ram 1500, but also ran them on a Dakota with good luck.

KC
I had nothing but flat tires while driving on chip and seal roads due to the little flat rocks puncturing the tires, while using passenger tires and then when used on a truck and was using the A/T tires had nothing but cupping issues. Never had cupping issues with other tires when used on the same vehicle. I won't touch a Cooper again.

/ Half ton pickup tires #36  
One other note when I had my welding company in Canada I did a lot of work for Costco and the manager of a store told me their top of the line Kirkland tires are Michelin. My F350 portables were heavy and I started buying their tires and loved them.

/ Half ton pickup tires #37  
which welding is suitable for tractor mudguard weld?, TIG or MIG welder

Last edited:
   / Half ton pickup tires #38  
You may be better off starting a thread about this in the welding section.

/ Half ton pickup tires #39  
Mig welding is your best choice for that. Tig is mainly for Aluminum and stainless steel and other alloys

/ Half ton pickup tires #40  
Last edited: