Halloween

/ Halloween #12  
Wife is a diabetic with poor self control WRT candy. We find somewhere else to be on Halloween.

/ Halloween #13  
We only have the neighbors kids show up and my sons friends, who just come over to ransack any candy.
First halloween is fun so enjoy.

When I took my son to his first round of TrT he was a bit confused how it works.
I got him to knock, the person opened the door, and my son walked in and proceeded to walk to the kitchen in the back of the house :)

/ Halloween #14  
never since 1996 have we had any kids here. But i get a nice bag of candy.
We don't get any T or T'ers either...not many kids in this neighborhood, and the houses are too far apart to easily walk to. Yeah, we walked all over the place when I was a kid, but that was then, this is now. We'll get some candy "just in case", but always get something we like.

As far as the OP's comments, one year I went to a Halloween party at school (never heard of churches doing that), and the whole organized event kind of took all the fun out of it.

/ Halloween
We don't get any T or T'ers either...not many kids in this neighborhood, and the houses are too far apart to easily walk to. Yeah, we walked all over the place when I was a kid, but that was then, this is now. We'll get some candy "just in case", but always get something we like.

As far as the OP's comments, one year I went to a Halloween party at school (never heard of churches doing that), and the whole organized event kind of took all the fun out of it.

We dont have a party per say. The kids stop by and get candy just like they would at a house but from the back of trucks or cars.
I usually serve hot dogs to them and their parents also.

On another note while in Kroger this morn I decided we needed one more bag of candy so I grabbed one and realized that it wasnt pumpkins but Christmas trees.
Aisle was Christmas candy already and they had a tree decorated as you checked out.
Too soon.