Hand held Brush Cutter

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #31  
I have the Fiskars, and they get a lot of work. @Torvy's post on the grass whip (ugh! scythes work sooo much better.) brought back lots of memories, including a brush axe that I cleared acres with as a kid.
C4E456E1-1110-4323-BF52-B70800072057.jpeg

It has one big advantage, I think. If you use it right, you can cut the sapling below the soil line and it won't resprout.

All the best,

Peter

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #32  
Is the area too steep for a walk behind brush mower? I guess engine oiling would be a problem if it was too steep.

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #33  
Jump to the 3:30 mark.

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #34  
For about 4 grand you can get one of these.

/ Hand held Brush Cutter
I bought a Ryobi Gas powered brush cutter and it came with a 3 prong dull cutter blade? I guess they come with the dull 3 sided metal thing for safety? Anyway I ordered me a 80 tooth Carbide cutting blade for it. I did remove the 3 prong dull metal thing and sharpen it enough to try the Ryobi gas powered brush cutter out. I cut about 100 feet trail wide. The Ryobi is going to work just fine once I get a real saw blade on it! I bet there are a lot of these 3 blade dull things laying in peoples shops...LOL

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #38  
I sharpened my three arm blade and it is a beast on woody weeds (3/4" thick mustard being a prime offender).

YMMV.

All the best,

Peter