Hand held Brush Cutter

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #11  
I use an Echo with bicycle handlebars and a harness. I looked at the Kombi but all they had was the single handle type.
If you want to use herbicides I would cut for a while, then treat the stumps with a sprayer; preferably in spring or early summer while the nutrients are in the stem.

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #12  
SRM-410U Echo, I primarily use it with string head, but its primarily a brush cutter.

I use this harness

i cut between 3-4 hours, use about 100 feet of string, and 2 tanks of gas.

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #13  
I have about 2 acres of brush that I need to clean up on the side of a mountain that my tractor can't go up. I cleared it last year with a chainsaw. The saplings have shot up 4 to 5 feet and I need to cut it. Which brush cutter do you recommend? Gas or Electric? And most important, what brand? Also what kind of blade?
Thanks,
Sherpa
Mountains in NC? Them are "hills" man. 😂. Why are you clearing this?

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #14  
A Stihl with the harness here, though entertaining the thought of a backpack model.

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #16  
This is Amazon’s choice! Don’t be lured in by the low price and thoughts of saving time and money by not needing to go to the gym. My dad had me cut 1 acre of wild wheat with this awful tool when I was a kid. After I moved away from home I didn’t talk to him for a year.
1633472436715.jpeg

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #18  
This is Amazon’s choice! Don’t be lured in by the low price and thoughts of saving time and money by not needing to go to the gym. My dad had me cut 1 acre of wild wheat with this awful tool when I was a kid. After I moved away from home I didn’t talk to him for a year.
View attachment 715842
I used one of those for a short time. Then I bought my brush saw.

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #19  
I use a stihl FS240 with harness. The one problem with brush cutters is that moving the cut brush is difficult. You have to unclip the cutter from your harness. If you have thick brush where you often need to pull the stuff you just cut out of the way to get to the stuff behind it, the cutter and harness is a lot less useful than a chainsaw that you can put down and pick up more easily.

It's also not good for woody stuff that's got much of a diameter to it. Anything over about 3/4-1" and I'd rather use a chainsaw.

The Garlon 4 in diesel works well but you have to apply it when the plants are growing (it works by disrupting growth).

/ Hand held Brush Cutter #20  
But did your golf game improve???
Funny you should mention that. This may be the reason I hate golf. My son took me out to golf a few weeks ago and said we won’t even keep score. I didn’t touch a club but sure had fun speeding around on the golf cart. 🏎️