/ Happy Festivus, 2017 #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
Today (12/23) is the day.

happy-festivus-divergence.jpg

Steve

/ Happy Festivus, 2017 #4  
Well, you got me on that one. I thought Festivus was some sort of pagan ritual that was handed down from pre-Christian times. Being enlightened, it now dawns on me why I never watched that show.

If nothing else the show was a prelude to all the senseless, idiotic shows that are on the tube these days...

/ Happy Festivus, 2017 #5  
If nothing else the show was a prelude to all the senseless, idiotic shows that are on the tube these days...

It was admitted to be a show about nothing that made sense. People either love it or hate it. It did serve to enrich three or four actors and a producer, and it was a money maker for the network, and continues to be, in syndication.

/ Happy Festivus, 2017 #6  
It was admitted to be a show about nothing that made sense. People either love it or hate it. It did serve to enrich three or four actors and a producer, and it was a money maker for the network, and continues to be, in syndication.
Intellect has never been a prerequisite for fame, wealth or celebrity...and there are countless individuals in the entertainment industry that proves this on a regular basis..
IMO the pure stupidity of a major portion of TV shows airing today and their large popularity speaks volumes about the average viewer's (low) IQ...

/ Happy Festivus, 2017 #7  
Intellect has never been a prerequisite for fame, wealth or celebrity...and there are countless individuals in the entertainment industry that proves this on a regular basis..
IMO the pure stupidity of a major portion of TV shows airing today and their large popularity speaks volumes about the average viewer's (low) IQ...

Some years back, I googled the phrase "Sophomoric humor". Guess what showed up...

/ Happy Festivus, 2017 #10  
Should that sophomoronic???
I must admit that I am a fan of Monty Python type humour, must have something to do with the way we spell it;)
Monty Python-The Argument Sketch - YouTube

That will do too.

From Wikipedia:

Sophomoric humor was typical of the American television show Seinfeld, described as being evocative of early male adolescence, a pre-teen stage of life that many psychologists describe as when "one is acutely aware of being powerless, as the time when individuals are most subversive of society at large."[4] A reviewer of the Wayne's World movie described its use sophomoric humor, and determined the movie was not funny.[5]