Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,411  
I saw that and at first glance I can't think of any HF lines that aren't in that list of excluded categories or brands. Maybe the tarps or something aren't excluded but I can't think of other examples.

What have people actually bought with that coupon? Anybody?

I think you could buy many of their hand tools with that coupon. Wrenches, pliers, sockets, ratchets and bars, etc. Not the Icon brand, but Pittsburgh, Quinn, Doyle, Bremen.

Air tools (Central Pneumatic), trailers hitches & parts (Haulmaster), maybe the winches, all of the measuring tools, clamps, electrical cords, lights, solar stuff, garden stuff, probably the sanding and painting stuff ......

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,412  
List of HF tools that don't stink that I have photos of.

The newly redesigned toolboxes that DO NOT have that right-side thumb lever are an improvement. Sadly, they started with smaller chests and the larger top chests are still the same old design that I loath if only because of the plastic, right-hand drawer lock. Time will tell how long the new style detent can last.

The McGraw OILess compressor. I first purchased the McGraw oil compressor, broke it in and after ten minutes, that couldn't get to 100pse. I returned that heap and got the McGraw oil-less compressor and it is surprisingly quiet (for an air compressor) and it really does get up to 175 PSI.

49243769598_79175ebc65_k.jpg

The aluminum 3-ton floor jack and jack stands are great! I see the same thing everywhere else for three times the money.
49241469858_8f8c1a4809_k.jpg

I've had the Vulcan welder cart since the first month it came out (maybe three years now?) and it has proven serviceable throughout.

49244467162_77bce60ba1_k.jpg

I'm interested in checking out the Icon boxes as I'm continually running out of tool storage and International went out of business when Sears went bankrupt from the debt Sears owned International.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,414  
Air tools (Central Pneumatic), trailers hitches & parts (Haulmaster), maybe the winches, all of the measuring tools, clamps, electrical cords, lights, solar stuff, garden stuff, probably the sanding and painting stuff ......

The 20 and 25% coupons also still work on the Chicago Electric line of power tools.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,416  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,417  
Brushes aren't bad as long as they are replaceable...
True. But brushless are a bit more efficient. Not generally that big of a deal for corded stuff, but adds up on battery power.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,418  
Brushes aren't bad as long as they are replaceable...

I have a good supply of spare HF brushes that came with various tools. On the tools that aren't running the problem isn't the brushes. I wish it was because they're easy to install.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,419  
I don't think any of them are brushless and I've learned to avoid anything but.

Yep, brushless is the way to go! The second thing I noticed in your garage was the RC’s hanging up! Are they brushless or still nitro.... I have 6 airplanes 2 of which are still nitro, 2 converted to brushless, 2 still to be converted from brushed (I have the motors but not the time to do it). Honestly, I have not been flying for the last 3 - 4 years.... life got in the way. Soon to change though and I will be flying soon!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,420  
I don't think any of them are brushless and I've learned to avoid anything but.

I've pretty much learned to avoid HF and other no name power tools, not worth the effort!

Some stuff at HF is ok, just not power equipment in my book anyway... Ryobi is in the same bucket..