Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,391  
No, actually, it's not.

The Viair 78P which was the top rated compressor in the Wirecutter review that PhysAssist linked is currently on sale on Amazon for $38.25 (regularly $45.95). That sale price is just a couple bucks more than the HF Pittsburgh 100 PSI tire inflator. The Viair 78P also has a 30 minute duty cycle at 30 PSI. If my wife's car had been able to handle the 15 amp rating on it, I'd have jumped on it. (The larger 88P I got for my truck runs $59.39, and is well worth it if you are inflating large tires.)
Vair makes ones between $50 & $300. They generally look similar in photos. The more expensive ones are a lot more powerful & unsurprisingly pull a lot more amps. Pile of different accessories, auto-shutoff & permanent mount options too. Obviously bigger motors in the bigger ones, but probably bigger pumps too. They have varying duty cycles as well. They have charts with pressures & CFM on them, so you know the actual capabilities. Nice comparison guide on their site somewhere too.

I have a 400 automatic on my Christmas list. Would like to permanently mount it on the truck, but not sure how likely that would be if I even get one. A bit overkill, but I hate fighting to turn them on & off, that the smallest auto one i saw.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,392  
Vair makes ones between $50 & $300. They generally look similar in photos. The more expensive ones are a lot more powerful & unsurprisingly pull a lot more amps. Pile of different accessories, auto-shutoff & permanent mount options too. Obviously bigger motors in the bigger ones, but probably bigger pumps too. They have varying duty cycles as well. They have charts with pressures & CFM on them, so you know the actual capabilities. Nice comparison guide on their site somewhere too.

I have a 400 automatic on my Christmas list. Would like to permanently mount it on the truck, but not sure how likely that would be if I even get one. A bit overkill, but I hate fighting to turn them on & off, that the smallest auto one i saw.

I briefly considered a Viair 400. A friend has one, and it's a seriously nice piece of equipment. $200-$300 was more than I was willing to spend.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,393  
I briefly considered a Viair 400. A friend has one, and it's a seriously nice piece of equipment. $200-$300 was more than I was willing to spend.
My battery powered (Ryobi One+) leaf blower isnt quite up to the task of blowing out the radiator on the tractor. Hoping the 400 might be enough. May or may not need a small accumulator tank or not. At any rate, it would be nice to have permantly mounted under the bed somewhere.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,394  
No, actually, it's not.

The Viair 78P which was the top rated compressor in the Wirecutter review that PhysAssist linked is currently on sale on Amazon for $38.25 (regularly $45.95). That sale price is just a couple bucks more than the HF Pittsburgh 100 PSI tire inflator. The Viair 78P also has a 30 minute duty cycle at 30 PSI. If my wife's car had been able to handle the 15 amp rating on it, I'd have jumped on it. (The larger 88P I got for my truck runs $59.39, and is well worth it if you are inflating large tires.)

But you can still use the HF 20% and 25% coupons on the Pittsburgh line of products. At least for now. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,395  
Looks like the tarps are back on a free coupon, but only for a couple of days in January for some silly reason.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,396  
Kinda scary as a lesson too. After Eric became manager he brought in modern MBA and marketing types then booted Dad and Dad's old buddies out of the company. There's some history there. Eric, like *****, had been sent away to boarding school or something when he was little. 'Be kind to your kids, for they will be choosing your rest home'. :)

I worked for a small family-owned company not long ago that went a similar route. Son came in and learned how the company ran, argued a bunch with his father over vision for the future, then (with the help of his mother) booted his father out of the company he started in his garage 25 years ago. Fortunately, I wasn't there much longer after that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,397  
Looks like the tarps are back on a free coupon, but only for a couple of days in January for some silly reason.

You got a thing for HF tarps dontcha!!:laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,398  
You got a thing for HF tarps dontcha!!:laughing:

I don't know a lot about Diggin It, but I know two things for sure. He's against members disclosing their location, and he loves HF tarps. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,400  
No, not really. I usually get the other free stuff. But I'll need to do some spray painting in the near future and I need backdrops.
I remember reading another member's posts about using the tarps for painting, and that sounded like a perfect idea. I picked up several tarps and stored them on a shelf, then forgot all about them when I painted this summer. :irked: