Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,452  
I just talked my BIL into buying a 2000w Predator. It is very quiet just like my new Honda 2200 and it is one pull to start.

I would have done the same except I want to try paralleling it with my Honda EU3000. Now that I said this I suppose I should post again in the genny thread.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,453  
Maybe this belongs in a different thread: I bought HF's smallest hitch cargo rack, the ATV version. Then I made a 1.25 to 2 inch receiver adapter to put it on my little Ford Focus Wagon. The rack is rated 300 lbs but I don't expect to load it over maybe 50 lbs, to maintain stability on a light car. In 100 miles each way last weekend I never felt any inertia as great as the effect of ordinary crosswind.

20210719_191611rCargoRack.jpg

To mount the rack on the Ford's 1.25" receiver, i welded HF's ATV Hitch Adapter to an extra 1.25" hitch stinger to make the needed 2" receiver.

20210722_161529rrHitchAdapter.jpg

And an untended stress test for the adapter - I bottomed it hard coming out of a gas station. This was before I had painted it. The welds and the hitch overall showed no damage. It's a keeper.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,454  
I assume you’re describing the Lynxx 40 volt pole saw? I’ve got the pole saw, chain saw, and the leaf blower. I use the pole saw a lot for trimming up lower branches on oak trees for clearance for tractors. I also use the pole saw for cutting down cedars. I can reach in and notch it in the direction I want it to fall, the cut backside until it goes over. The battery life is very good and use of Oregon bar and chain is a plus.

When I got my 40 volt chain saw it leaked oil bad. I took it back to the store, for an exchange, and the manager told me to keep the battery and charger so .. I now have a spare battery.

I keep some bar oil in a mustard container .. flow is very controllable. I also use a similar mustard container for blue marker dye for sprayers.

View attachment 653034
I love how long the pole saw cuts without needing sharpening! Got scared the other day as it made an awful noise like the drive gear tearing apart. Took plastic head apart (783 screws, give or take) and there were screws that should hold the motor and worm gear in place against the chain drive gear. Screws had backed off letting the gears not engage but make bad noises. Tightened, reassembled, works like new!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,455  
I've a rather long driveway (~100 yards) with overarching trees and limbs about 10' to 12' above the pavement.
I've an Echo pole pruner that goes out 17'. But I prefer to use my HF Lynxx and my M4700. I'll stand up by the seat, trim a few limbs, sometimes dropping them directly in the bucket. Creep forward, repeat. Then come back and pick up the trimmings.
With the Echo there's less wear and tear on the M4700, but more on me.

But there have been rumors that the Lynxx line is being discontinued.
linky

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,456  
I really like the riding mower lift for hosing off underneath after mowing damp grass and mud. Well made and a great price after 20% off! Had it for six years and no problems. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻☮️✌🏻

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,457  
Have one as well, has to be 5 years ols, no issues. Have one of their floor jacks too. No issues with that either. It's the 'Rapid Pump' model in aluminum chassis.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,458  
Have one as well, has to be 5 years ols, no issues. Have one of their floor jacks too. No issues with that either. It's the 'Rapid Pump' model in aluminum chassis.

Mine is the ‘Rapid Pump’ aluminum model also…The only problem I had was with the welds holding the handle on broke, so I just drilled for a bolt and nut problem fixed!☮️✌🏻

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,460  
But there have been rumors that the Lynxx line is being discontinued.
linky
Already has been, haven't seen any Lynx tools in my nearest store for the better part of a year. They did have some 40V batteries out back, picked up an extra one "just in case".
A shame, I have the pole saw and the 14" chainsaw. Both are decent enough for the price, but lesson learned on HF battery tools.