Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,791  
I would suggest using a 3 point trailer mover for the front, make a swivel bracket that connects to the top of it and connect the top of the ladder to that. Then strap the bottom of the ladder to the hand truck.
Aaron Z
Thanks! That broadens my perspective on how to design it.

The trailer mover will have a wider wheelbase so it takes the place of something awkward on the tractor needed to prevent the trailer from tipping over on rough sloping ground. I would be towing the ladders behind this little carryall platform (with a six ft ladder on it in this photo) so mounting a structure on the platform wouldn't leave much space for fruit bins. Here's an old photo with the longer ladders that are too big to carry crosswise.

All this is for picking the few family trees in the orchard, the commercial harvest is contracted to a neighbor.

=====
Major revision to this post: superseded by #7793 below. I'll leave this post unchanged since #7793 is based on this.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,792  
I have that hand truck. Its excellent to use however the tires don't hold air between my infrequent uses of it. If the air loss isn't in the tread area I doubt Slime in the tires would help. (HF seems to sell a lot of Slime, I wonder why? :) )

I've thought about welding up a frame I can mount on that hand truck to make it a trailer for towing my harvest ladders down into the orchard. If I'm not towing the 4x8 trailer then I carry the 8 and 11 ft ladders crosswise above the front loader and zig-zag around dodging tree props. Towing these and longer ladders behind me lengthwise would would work better. Another project for when I get around to it. Has anyone done this?

I have one of these, in addition to a much larger one that was sourced at TSC, and the HF gets the most use- primarily because it fits through normal doorways.

We have never had a problem with the tires holding air, but after about a year of using it for bringing in 1/2 barrels of firewood, the welds holding the wheel hub onto the wheel broke, leaving the hub on the axle, and the tire and wheel completely unattached.

We bought a new HF wheel/tire assembly, and XC for the color mismatch [the new one was white], we have continued to use it without further problems- despite my tendency to load it so heavily that my 270#-ish body weight can barely lift the load to roll it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,793  
Major revision to my post above: I was thinking 'trailer mover' was this:
image_23994.jpg

while the suggested 3-point trailer mover is something different.

Anyhow - I need the rear platform shown in that photo linked in my prior post. Then I could tow behind it this type of 'trailer mover' supporting the front of the ladders, and as discussed the HF dolly at the back end of the ladders.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,794  
I have that hand truck. Its excellent to use however the tires don't hold air between my infrequent uses of it. If the air loss isn't in the tread area I doubt Slime in the tires would help. (HF seems to sell a lot of Slime, I wonder why? :) )

I've thought about welding up a frame I can mount on that hand truck to make it a trailer for towing my harvest ladders down into the orchard. If I'm not towing the 4x8 trailer then I carry the 8 and 11 ft ladders crosswise above the front loader and zig-zag around dodging tree props. Towing these and longer ladders behind me lengthwise would work better. Another project for when I get around to it. Has anyone done this?

I've also got that handtruck and it leaks. But I used to just run it by my $39 (on special) HF compressor, now I use my $354 29 gal 150 PSI compressor because it is situated better.

I've a 12' fiberglass step ladder and a 24' extension ladder that I occasionally carried on my B7610. I'd put the ladder on the ROPS and on the front and hold on. Probably should think of tying it down.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,795  
When you buy a hand truck in the HF store, squeeze the tires, then buy the one with the hardest tires. I did this on two, and they stay up at a useful pressure for 6-9 months.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#7,796  
When you buy a hand truck in the HF store, squeeze the tires, then buy the one with the hardest tires. I did this on two, and they stay up at a useful pressure for 6-9 months.

Bruce
I bet you always pick the best watermelons, too. :laughing::laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,799