Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,961  
Thanks for your comments! Repipe? Is it likely that HF's supplier used US pipe threads or could that Ebay controller be the almost-match Brit/Japan type? It says " air inlet ports approx. 0.4 inch / 11 mm thread" whatever that is.

At least it includes the unloader.
I guess when I said re-pipe ,sometimes the tubing for the unloaded doesn't line up. Also like the one posted has 4 ports. Maybe won't need all but one. Pretty sure it's going to be 1/4" NPT. The 1/4 " is measured inside so guessing that's where they're getting .40 from for the OD.. Thead size- no idea what they're talking about there.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,962  
I used one of those eBay controllers to fix my IR compressor. Made a six inch loop of 1/4" tubing to simplify the lineup of fittings.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,963  
I guess when I said re-pipe ,sometimes the tubing for the unloader doesn't line up. Also like the one posted has 4 ports. Maybe won't need all but one. Pretty sure it's going to be 1/4" NPT. The 1/4 " is measured inside so guessing that's where they're getting .40 from for the OD.. Thread size- no idea what they're talking about there.

I used one of those eBay controllers to fix my IR compressor. Made a six inch loop of 1/4" tubing to simplify the lineup of fittings.

The ebay replacement looks identical to what I have, the same 4 ports plus the the brass gadget on the bottom that looks similar to the pressure relief valve on the side.

I like the idea of a tubing loop to provide alignment, if needed.

i still would like to get the existing controller working reliably if possible. It shuts off as intended but doesn't necessarily kick back in when needed. After I cleaned the electrical contacts with no improvement, I can't think of what else to tinker with to make it reliable.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,964  
Another thing you can do is to NEVER have your straps flat. Put a half twist in them. That prevents the wind from making them vibrate. It spoils the air flow enough that they don't get into that vibration mode. Vibration will greatly accelerate the stretching of your straps and settling of your load, so twisted straps keep your load more secure.
Thanks for that information. Sometimes the vibration on a rooftop load drives me crazy.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,966  
I found a winner. The dozen outlet 4 ft power strip.

I attached it along the front edge of my workbench where it's protected by the overhang. It's ideal for welding projects where flap sander, disc grinder, wire wheel on disc grinder, cutoff disc on still another grinder and maybe an electric drill are all plugged in at once.

I should have bought this years ago. I see they are store only, no mailorder.

image_26474.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,967  
I found a winner. The dozen outlet 4 ft power strip.

I attached it along the front edge of my workbench where it's protected by the overhang. It's ideal for welding projects where flap sander, disc grinder, wire wheel on disc grinder, cutoff disc on still another grinder and maybe an electric drill are all plugged in at once.

I should have bought this years ago. I see they are store only, no mailorder.

image_26474.jpg

I’ve bought several of these. You have to catch them when they’re on sale for $17.99.

I have a 10’ work bench, in my shop, with 10” Rikon band saw, Ridgid oscillating belt / drum sander, Woodcraft morticing machine, and HF 12” disc sander. There is a single wall outlet above the middle of the bench. I am mounting one of these outlet strips on each side of the present outlet. I’ve taken both apart and shortening the cord on the left side strip. The one on the right will be mounted upside down, so the shortened cord exits the strip on left end, close to the present outlet. I hope to be able to turn the 12 individual outlets 180 degrees so, they’ll be correct orientation.

BTW, the work bench is a 10’ prefabricated Formica kitchen counter top, from Lowe’s, installed on top of two of the HF 44” tool box bases which are great!

Roller Cabinet - 44" Red Rolling Tool Cabinet w/ 13 Drawers

Pictures when I get this done.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,969  
Anyone have the 60 LED Solar Security Light?

6 LED Solar Security Light

Just bought with coupon for $30. Going to try one out on a shed. Wondering how it will work below freezing.

Ive had one hanging on my shed for approx. a yr now and it works very well. plenty brite for the area I light up with it

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #7,970  
One thing I try to do religiously after ratchet strapping down a load, is drive a bit and then pull over, get out and check my straps and cinch them down tight. Often unusual, awkward loads shift and settle some after a couple start/stops, bumps, etc. Almost always I can tighten up a little. Just good practice IMO.
I second that,it's a good habit to get into.