Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,881  
I think they're pricing themselves out of relevance, but who knows.....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,882  
^^ I don't disagree, but they're not alone. Dollar General and Big Lots for example have both been changing to higher priced items than what made them popular.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,883  
Currently, the list is all compressors, floor jacks, safes, saw mills, storage cabinets, chests or carts, trailers, trencher/backhoe, welders, Admiral, Ames, Bauer, Cobra, CoverPro, Daytona, Diamondback, Earthquake, Fischer, Hercules, Icon, Jupiter, Lynxx, Poulan, Predator, Tailgator, Viking, Vulcan, Zurich.

WIN_20190128_08_08_47_Pro.jpg

Unfortunately, that list seems to cut into all departments...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,884  
^^ Which are generally the newer or higher dollar items that usually have dedicated coupons or discounts. Most of the general stock items are eligible.

The only two on that list I really don't see specials on are the trencher and saw mill.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,885  
I think their marketing department is larger than walmart's with the way the change all the coupons as often as weekly.

Got their coupon in paper and is 30% off...... one item under $10.
Wow.

Btw, you really have to now use the supposed super coupons to get good discounts on things such as compressors and jacks. Btw, where else can you go and pick up a floor jack for $60?

Just saying.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#10,886  
I broke the tip of one jaw of a pair of diagonal Pittsburg pliers the other day and took it back to see if I could get a replacement. I did not see the same pliers on display so I asked for assistance. The manager brought up a blister pack of assorted pliers and cut out the diagonals for me - no questions asked - no receipt - no grief. I think the employees at my local store are nicer than average.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,887  
The Home I recently bought has a Harbor Freight sourced First Alert 2054F fire safe built in.

I have the key but have no combination and none of the seller's relatives know the combination. It was sourced through Harbor Freight for $140

To open requires the 4 number combo and key.

Home Depot PDF Link

https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/79/7960ce4a-09dd-4953-b689-d915a9cc782a.pdf

The 4 number combo is suppose to be printed on the owner's manual which I have not been able to find.

Am I out of luck?

Is cutting through the hardened steel anchors to get it out the only option?

Attachments

• First Alert Fire Safe 2054F.JPG
    First Alert Fire Safe 2054F.JPG
    929.1 KB · Views: 103
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,888  
I somehow lost the little black plastic cover/holder for the battery on the caliper, which makes it useless. I took it back in and the manager went and got another one and said. "Here, they have a lifetime warranty."
Even if it doesn't have a warranty, he made a cheap investment in a repeat customer. Funny how nobody gets that anymore!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,889  
The Home I recently bought has a Harbor Freight sourced First Alert 2054F fire safe built in.

I have the key but have no combination and none of the seller's relatives know the combination. It was sourced through Harbor Freight for $140

To open requires the 4 number combo and key.

Home Depot PDF Link

https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/79/7960ce4a-09dd-4953-b689-d915a9cc782a.pdf

The 4 number combo is suppose to be printed on the owner's manual which I have not been able to find.

Am I out of luck?

Is cutting through the hardened steel anchors to get it out the only option?
Per the manual ( First Alert FIRE THEFT SAFE 254F Operations & Installation Manual (Page 11 of 12) ) they can supply the combination with some numbers off of the safe.
If not a locksmith would likely be able to open it in under an hour.

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #10,890  
Currently, the list is all compressors, floor jacks, safes, saw mills, storage cabinets, chests or carts, trailers, trencher/backhoe, welders, Admiral, Ames, Bauer, Cobra, CoverPro, Daytona, Diamondback, Earthquake, Fischer, Hercules, Icon, Jupiter, Lynxx, Poulan, Predator, Tailgator, Viking, Vulcan, Zurich.

View attachment 589099

Unfortunately, that list seems to cut into all departments...

WOW ! not long ago I used a 20% off on one of those small 2-3 gallon compressors. They use to be good on anything.
Most times at check out, I can get the person checking me out to give my coupon back to me.