Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,381  
That's the Chrysler 230 or 251 cubic inch flathead six, no?

When you're feeding 24 volts to the starter then it only needs half the amps of a 12 volt starter for the same cranking power.

So ... it seems to me two moderate price Li-Ion jump starters in series would be more than enough.

THe trucks for the US military had 230. Canadian trucks had the 251. Mine had a 230, but I'm in the process of swapping in a freshly rebuilt 251.

I contacted Noco to ask about connecting two of their jump starters in series. Their response: "Using 2 BOOST devices will not work as the voltage will not double." I'm not sure why it would not, since they are basicaly just batteries (though with some associated electronics). It left me wondering if the person who responded just did not know what he was talking about, or if there is something that would prevent it from working. (perhaps something in the electronics related to their short or reverse connection protection?)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,382  
HF has their medium storage bins on sale for $6.99 (regularly $9.99) until 5/13. I picked up 5 more yesterday.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,383  
THe trucks for the US military had 230. Canadian trucks had the 251. Mine had a 230, but I'm in the process of swapping in a freshly rebuilt 251.

I contacted Noco to ask about connecting two of their jump starters in series. Their response: "Using 2 BOOST devices will not work as the voltage will not double." I'm not sure why it would not, since they are basicaly just batteries (though with some associated electronics). It left me wondering if the person who responded just did not know what he was talking about, or if there is something that would prevent it from working. (perhaps something in the electronics related to their short or reverse connection protection?)
Most likely the person who answered your question had no clue about the word "series" when it comes to electronics. He could have assumed that you were connecting both of them to the battery terminals (in parallel) which one would do to double the capacity. It could be a liability issue as someone who did want more capacity could do serious damage to a vehicle if they connected them up in series. It just might be safer to just tell people no.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,384  
I was leafing through the latest NAPA ad thing and found THIS for your 24V jumping needs, don't know if you've seen that one, wasn't paying that much attention a couple pages ago :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,385  
I was leafing through the latest NAPA ad thing and found THIS for your 24V jumping needs, don't know if you've seen that one, wasn't paying that much attention a couple pages ago :)
In fact, I mentioned that one back in post 14,379. Amazonn has it for a reasonable price.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,386  
<Snip perhaps something in the electronics related to their short or reverse connection protection?)
I own two different brands of those starters and think you've nailed it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,387  

Hercules circular saw blades did very well though I'm sure they make a few different types.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,388  
Haven't gotten anything from HF lately until last Friday that is. Bought a Chief 4 1/2" air angle grinder. Very well constructed and made in Taiwan, not china. Only comparable is the IR air grinder for 250 bucks (MSC). The HF Chief was 89 bucks, fantastic price. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces. I go through electric angle grinders pretty fast. The one tool I can find the smoke in.

No smoke in this one, just compressed air. It's rear exhaust, 12,000 rpm with 4CFM air consumption at 90 psi.

Like O said, very well built. Composite handle with a polished aluminum gear case all held together with Allen head screws, external snap rings and a nice front mount spindle lock.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,389  
I saw a reply back there that agreed with my point of view and couldn't figure out why I couldn't give the guy a thumbs up...... The guy was me.:-[