Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,801  
I'm going to have to say (from experience) that the HF Icon line of hand tools is as good as (and sometimes even better) than the tool truck tools. So are the Chief line of air tools. While not loss leaders, they are still less than say Snap-On or SK Wayne or MAC.

I'm 100% satisfied with them and have had zero issues.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,802  
The whole purpose of this thread is to highlight some of the tools at Harbor Freight that are good VALUES. They might not be the best, but some are well worth the money. Anyone can stand back and sniff that their Snap-ons are better. Undoubtedly they are but that is not the purpose of the thread.
I absolutely agree. Harbor Freight also supports this by having products well represented from all four categories. Not knocking it, just thought that the meme was funny. Also you may have missed where it says "a man who buys on price alone...". I agree that HF also sell quality tools at a reasonable cost.

I don't buy SnapOn or Mac, nor do I buy the ultra-cheap brands. My old USA made Craftsman tools continue to serve me well. I also have mostly DeWalt power tools but also own a few Bauer and Kobalt. Depends on if it is primarily for "single use" with a few extra lives, or for the long haul. I am getting old, so long haul has become relative. ;)

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,803  
I've had really good luck with the Bauer 20 volt stuff actually but then it's occasional use only. I've had not so good luck with Dewalt and I find Milwaukee tp be over priced.

One thing about HF and that is, if it pukes or fails within 30 days, they replace it no issue and if you get the extended replacement warranty, same applies. I don't because the price of admission is low enough I landfill the broken one and get another.

I will say their impact rated sockets in SAE and Metric are bulletproof and I whale on them a lot. Never split one yet, even on the Thor 1/2" drive impact with 1300 foot pounds breakaway torque. I prefer the higher buck Astro or Williams universals however. The HF impact universals are of the pinned design and won't take the strain versus the socketed design.

I might add the HF torque sticks are a good buy as well. Torque Test Channel tested them and found them to be well within the specified torque rating stamped on each stick. I use them on automotive lug nuts all the time.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#14,805  
Coupons are back at Harbor Freight. I kinda figured they would be back as they create a lot of traffic and impulse buys. COUPONS

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,808  
From the amount of container ships loitering off the Kalifornia coast as seen on the AWS maps, I'd say not and now there is an issue with Baltimore port with the grounding of the Ever Forward (sister ship to the Ever Given) just at the edge of the dredged ship channel in Chesapeake bay. Seems as though Green Lines is having issues. Going into the Port of Baltimore, deep draft ships have to stay in between the marker buoys or risk grounding as the surrounding sea bed is very shallow. The Ever Forward is firmly grounded presently. Was reported that the pilot put the 'hammer down' and stuck her in the mud very firmly.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,809  
From the amount of container ships loitering off the Kalifornia coast as seen on the AWS maps, I'd say not
I can confirm NOT. Had a container on a ship off Tacoma Washington - the fastest moving port on the west coast I was told - and it took 2+ weeks to get a berth, then another 2 weeks to clear customs. At origin, it took 4 weeks to get the container on the ship. Sea transport was 3 weeks - pretty normal.

Now my goods are on a truck headed to the east coast. They should arrive any day now... all in, over 16 weeks to move goods that used to take 4 weeks.

Also, the chip manufacturing issues are still chronic. We are still struggling to get the chips we need. We have been offered parts at $125 each (parts that used to cost $4 each). We bought at $25 each to keep things moving since all our $4 blanket orders that go out 2 years are being delayed..

Its a great time to try to supply a product...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,810  
I just checked, the Titanium 125 Flux Welder is finally in stock!

I would have bought one before last Thanksgiving but availability then was 'June 2022' and the last one in a store was 300 miles south of me.