Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,061  
Last chance!

The excellent 8.5" pruning shears are now Closeout. $12.

These are an exact copy of the best pruners ever, Felco #2 (or #4). Felco's patents must have expired.
$91 in this listing or $59 and up, on Amazon.

I inherited a Felco #2, 20 years ago. Dad must have bought it at a yard sale because he wouldn't have needed a pro tool like that. I've since bought two of HF's clones and they are just as good as the Felco, I can't tell the difference.

Get one before they're gone! Surely HF's replacement will be double the price.
Got 'em, thanks for the tip. I got one for each hand.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,062  
I just went round and round with HF over their new brushless Bauer 4.5" angle grinder. I have (had) the older brushed version which I gave to a friend who also has Bauer cordless tools (I have quite a few of them and they all work as advertised except the brushless angle grinder.

All the local stores were out of stock so I ordered one online and when it came, I popped on a fully charged 5AH Bauer battery pack, slid the switch and viola, NOTHING. Called HF, they sent me a pre paid Fed Ex return label and it went back. Meanwhile my local store received a few so I trundled down to the local store (with a fully charged battery) in my pocket and grabbed one (it's a tool only deal), took it out of the box and 'road tested' it right in the store. Worked fine so I bought it. meanwhile I get an email from HF that they were on backorder in their California headquarters so I cancelled it and they credited my HF credit card for the charge.

Talk about a hard way to get one...

First time I've had any issue with a Bauer 20 volt cordless tool. Hopefully the last time too.

I've been wanting to get the Bauer 20 volt handheld shop blower (for blowing out the radiators on my tractors) but they are also not in stock which means to me that they are out in the bay off San Diego on a container ship waiting to unload.

Nothing beats supply chain economics today.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,063  
Didn't know it but HF has 2 distribution centers, one in California and one in North Carolina or Georgia, not sure which.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,064  
Didn't know it but HF has 2 distribution centers, one in California and one in North Carolina or Georgia, not sure which.
75B36869-97DC-48F9-9881-54D2CC881D7D.png

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,065  
These Maddox hf test leads have come in very handy, wiring/ troubleshooting a trailer, and diagnosing hard to reach areas when you need to see your multi meter readings.

Attachments

• KIMG1037.JPG
    KIMG1037.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,066  

if any of you have rv's this will be interesting
I concur on the wheel chocks, heavy rubber, durable, have three for my utility trailer.

not sure I'd want a propane tank in the back of an open pickup held down only by one blue stretch bungee.
Get into an accident and that tank goes airborne and has a lot of weight to it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,068  
I wonder if HF leased or bought the old, defunct JC Whitney distribution center warehouse in Joliet?
If the fixtures - shelving, chutes, etc - are still there that could be a good fit.

I see Moreno Valley, California mentioned. That must be a new one. Camarillo on the coast north of Los Angeles/Long Beach harbor was their location since forever.

Moreno Valley is 70 miles inland on the principal highway from Los Angeles to the Midwest. Also rail traffic between California and the east goes through there so its a natural shipping crossroad. Sounds like they applied Amazon-level logistics analysis to select these new locations.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,069  
"Camarillo on the coast north of Los Angeles/Long Beach harbor was their location since forever."

Yup, when I bought my first 4x6 bandsaw that was their ONLY store in the entire US -
And, it's still going strong - more than I can say about some of their newer stuff... Steve