Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,071  
Maybe it's been mentioned but I recently got a Diamondback tile saw which was about, what 350 or so? It works great. Dunno if it'll last a long time or what but it saved me thousands on a recent bathroom project so even if it fails tomorrow it was still a good buy

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,072  
14 Gallon Bauer Wet/Dry vac for $99 on coupon ($109 Reg) vs Rigid (Home Depot) 14 Gallon 6HP Wet/Dry for $119 less discounts

Preferences?

HD also has a Ridgid 16 Gallon for $80 and a 12 Gallon for $99

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,073  
14 Gallon Bauer Wet/Dry vac for $99 on coupon ($109 Reg) vs Rigid (Home Depot) 14 Gallon 6HP Wet/Dry for $119 less discounts

Preferences?
Those might be identical.

When I bought a cheap table saw, HF's and Skil at Lowe's were identical. Except HF charged extra for the base that was included with the Skil. I bought the Skil with base and saved some $20 compared to HF's ITC sale price.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,074  
Hmmm, I have a $25 off $150 coupon from HD. I was thinking about getting more than one Vac anyways, one for inside and one for the yard/shop.

I could do the 14 and 16 from HD that would put me over the $150 mark and get $25 off, plus the other 10% account discount ... IF they'll stack ....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,075  
I tend to avoid Home Despot like the plague. 'Sales Associates' that don't know squat, dirty stores and cluttered merchandise on shelves.

Reminds me of the defunct K-Mart in a lot of ways.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,076  
I tend to avoid Home Despot like the plague. 'Sales Associates' that don't know squat, dirty stores and cluttered merchandise on shelves.

Reminds me of the defunct K-Mart in a lot of ways.
Maybe it's just your local store. One near me is fine. Agreed the employees don't know much other than to direct you to the aisle containing what you're looking for, but that can be said for 'most any box store.
Doesn't remind me of K-mart in the least.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,077  

Preferences?

HD also has a Ridgid 16 Gallon for $80 and a 12 Gallon for $99
I think Rigid has a lifetime warranty. I was picking up some DeWalt impact drivers the other day and the associate was telling me about rigid and he used the vacuum as an example. He said he bought one like 15 years ago and has exchanged it since he said even the batteries for Rigid power tools can be submitted under warranty for replacement when they start getting weak.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,078  
even the batteries for Rigid power tools can be submitted under warranty for replacement when they start getting weak.

Wakey, that sounds too good to be true. They are providing perpetual batteries for one low price?

thankfully my Makita batteries last a long time and the clones out there aren't bad. I just never charge a clone battery without
keeping an eye on it.

they would really have to build in some extra product cost to pay for that battery replacement. Doesn't seem feasible.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,079  
^^ Ryobi has a 3 year guarantee on their batteries. I've have several replaced by them at no cost. I wait until about 34 months, then call. By then, the performance is reduced enough that I can legitimately get them replaced.

The replacements have an "R" burned into them by a brand (Reconditioned) so those can't be replaced again.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,080  
3 years seems fair.
where do the old batteries come from that get reconditioned? Not like they have core charges like car batteries.
Most battery testers won't handle odd voltages of cordless batteries, how do we know we received a good battery or one with
a quarter of its life gone? without a load test, not sure how to do that. Did that old battery get tested before it was stamped Reconditioned?
just curious

lot of stuff at box stores get returned, so lots of batteries floating around if they utilize return batteries. Just don't know how it works.