Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,231  
I remember them being on sale with coupon but never free. The orange & black Thunderbolt alkalines aren't too bad, though they don't have the capacity for higher draw items like a camera. OK for remotes, flashlights, clocks, portable radios, etc. Don't think I've ever had one leak.

Have they put stronger magnets on them now? Ones I have will barely hold the weight of the light, don't directly fall off, but will work their way down whatever you attach them to. Most of the ones I have use the individual LEDs, not the newer ones with the COB ones.
Not sure since they are new to me. They have both a beam and a small flood light. Mine seem to have a fairly strong magnet.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,232  
Harbor Freight vise did very well in comparison testing
Using one of these as an anvil is dubious
I loved the one vice where the test drop punched a hole all the way through.
It was as hollow as a chocolate easter egg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,233  
HF Coupon Database app? It's no longer listed on Google Play Store.

Any advice for a new similar app?

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,234  
Far as vises go, I never use the Anvil part of mine. I bought a real anvil at an estate sale for cheap and mounted it to a butt sawn log and use that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,235  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,236  
Don't do apps either. In fact the only thing my cell phone is for is calling and very limited texting. Guess I'm old school in that respect and we still have a landline too. I correct that, I do have my drone apps on it, one from Autel and one from DJI.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,237  
This little guy is so handy if you need a small bench vice and need it to be somewhat portable. Had it for less than ten years no problems. On the other hand I bought a 4" hf bench vise over ten years ago it ended up in the scrap yard after the screw bent and a jaw cracked. I'll say it again Over the years a lot of there stuff has improved in durability over the years imo.

Attachments

• KIMG1350.JPG
    KIMG1350.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,238  
I'd be curious to know how well the hf icon line of snap/ retaining ring pliers are? Personally I used to hate removing snap rings had a drawer full of cheap ring pliars best one I had was a cheap long nose needle nose one I ground down and bent it to work I eventually broke it on a L 2850 front end rebuild, went out spent some money on a knipex kit now I laugh and look forward to removing/ installing those rings.
HF has started offering 2 different sets of heavy duty internal and external snap ring pliers. There is an 8 piece set in a blow molded case and a 4 piece set in a smaller blow molded case as well. Bought the 4 piece set, was 49 bucks. Nice snap ring pliers, heavy duty quality made like all the ICON stuff is. Lifetime guarantee like all the ICON tools are.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,239  
I rarely post pictures but of you visit any HF store, check them out (ICON snap ring pliers). I think you'll be quite impressed.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,240  
Harbor has their own app in the play store that has all the coupons that come out in the emails.
Just search harbor freight and it should come right up.