Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,391  
Interesting! This free website researched suppliers to many companies. Here's their HF page.

Digging down on one cited source, I see 'Toolimex' is in India and claims to be the largest producer of adjustable wrenches in the world.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,392  
I see 'Toolimex' is in India and claims to be the largest producer of adjustable wrenches in the world.
refer to them as 'West Virginia Socket Sets'...lol The tool of last resort and almost guaranteed to round off a nut or hex head bolt.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,393  
I got a HF motorcycle tire balance stand off the scratch and dent table for $29.95. The box was mangled, everything inside was fine.

While I haven’t used it to balance a tire yet, it works great to build/true wheels for vintage bikes

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,394  
Don't know if I agree 100% on their electronic stuff either. Have not only an Autel scan tool but a Zurich scan tool as well as an Ames multi ranging DVM and both have been flawless.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,395  
The local community built a large playground about 20 years ago. The organizers bought a bunch of corded HF electric drills and saws back in the day when they were orange colored. The playground took about a week to complete. By the end of the week, my recollection is most of the HF stuff was toast. It wasn't due to electrical power because they had run a very good electric service to the site. Although I think they've upped their quality since then, I hesitate when buying any electric tool from HF without checking the reviews carefully. I've yet to burn out their $60 electric pole saw, their $20 adjustable handle recip saw, and their $20 oscillating saw. But it looks like in the quest to up their tool quality, their tool prices are creeping upwards.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,396  
Don't know if I agree 100% on their electronic stuff either. Have not only an Autel scan tool but a Zurich scan tool as well as an Ames multi ranging DVM and both have been flawless.
I have the zr13 obd it works ok for me, especially after I read the printed instructions that came with it, I've used it successfuly to diagnose and repair a few check engine lights so it's definitely paid for itself, supposedly you can download newer versions of software for it. Unfortunately I can barely use a smartphone.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,397  
I've found my self getting fair number of things from Vevor and other similar brands either direct or from Amazon for better prices then HF. I do like the better Hecules 4.5" grinding wheels; the sockets ect.

I found this Snap On hammer on the road the other day. Imagine spending that kinda $$$ on a dead blow hammer. Something like that is really where HF shines. Some mechanic is cussing dropping his $104.50 hammer...
Screenshot_20230420_132533_Chrome.jpg
2023-04-20-13-23-05.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,398  
The problem of "good enough" is when it isn't. I have plenty of HF tools that don't get pushed to their limit so they are actually good enough. But the last 3/4" breaker bar I had couldn't handle removing a 1 1/2" nut (2 1/4" socket). For the price of the Icon there's several other brands, like Tekton that look beefier. If the HF was less than a 1/2 hour away it wouldn't bother me too much to return things. But being more than 3 times that far in each direction I don't want to find out that it wasn't good enough. I'll most likely keep my eyes open for a snap on or a snap on 1" to 3/4" adapter and get a 1" breaker bar from one of the Taiwanese companies.
Rarely if ever use a breaker bar. If it need 'broke', I get out my Thor 1/2" impact. Either breaks it loose or breaks it off.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,399  
The HF license plate size solar panel maintainer was another failed experiment. Useless.
Although I don't think it's an HF solar panel, I have one of these on the battery for a generator. It's been on there over a year and the battery is always fully charged. I am a bit surprised it works as well as it does.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,400  
Anyone try the HF Shrinker/Stretcher set? I never trust their reviews but don't want to pay for the more expensive ones seeing it will get used infrequently. I see other brands on the jungle site with crap reviews so wouldn't be surprised if the HF ones were junk too.