has anyone ever heard such nonsense?

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #71  
^
true, I think the grain auger was running off of a 540 accessory
( allis/ simplicity machines here)

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #72  
Rule of thumb, IF the wheels bolt on like a car, it's the better tranny, if ONE center nut holds the wheel on, I wouldn't be towing much of anything with it, no matter what brand tractor it's in!

THIS is when they made them good!

IMG-1405-S.jpg

SR

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #73  
Agreed^
a few small rock loads
((Looks like weightlifting is the ideal counterweight just like the WH, lol) I didn’t have plates so check out the 85lb dumbbell))

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #74  
the current dealer i have - a husqvarna guy said that you can only tow under warranty around 350 lbs
I destroyed my Scagg hydrostatic drives by using it as a tractor to clean up fallen branches ( There were a very great lot of them) after an early storm dumped heavy snow on trees with leaves still on 'em. Landscape guys will talk at great length about the various mowers one needs if you are mowing steep hills.
So yah I think your Husky deal is shooting straight

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #75  
7 years so far of regular use like this...

Only 150 hours on the meter.

So far, so good. Never had any issues of any kind.

20170429_110117.jpg

20180512_161632.jpg

20200516_152836.jpg

20210725_085701.jpg

20210814_120638.jpg

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #76  
K46 trannys and the like are not rated to tow heavy weights. The pump and drive motors internally just don't have the power. Sure it'll work in the short term but I wouldn't want to tow that much with a lot of age on the transmission.

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #77  
Rule of thumb, IF the wheels bolt on like a car, it's the better tranny, if ONE center nut holds the wheel on, I wouldn't be towing much of anything with it, no matter what brand tractor it's in!

THIS is when they made them good!

IMG-1405-S.jpg

SR
Yep my Wheel Horse has 5 lugs.
So "No nuts = No ballz"...lol

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #78  
i have owned and used lawnmowertype garden tractors from 18 hp years ago to 24 hp. i have towed trailers full of wood etc for decades too. the larger HP i have used bigger trailers and hauled more weight without any issues to transmission, etc.

the current dealer i have - a husqvarna guy said that you can only tow under warranty around 350 lbs and that includes the weight of the driver. WTF???? most companies have ads etc showing them towing carts and soil etc behind their machines to show they are of value to help out around the home, etc. that means a heavy person can't ride them or you cannot pull anything with them of substance. the trailer has wheels and the weight is towed horizontally as opposed to vertical weight (wife is a physicist) - and it seems like a crock of manure.

any thoughts???
The old garden tractors that we used to mow with were like a small tractor. They were gear driven, not belt driven. I had a 12hp cub cadet that could easily pull a bottom plow. The trailer hitch was beefy compared to today's equipment.

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #79  
Look at the old Deeres, Bolens, FORD, Wheelhorse and so many other 60s garden tractors. Then look at the current day consumer junk. Built as flashy as possible to catch the gullible consumers eye and as cheaply as possible to make good profit, and sell a shiny new one sooner rather then later.
Just watched an episode of Classic Tractor Fever that was showing when they used to use Wheel Horse lawn tractors at the Indianapolis Raceway as race car tugs to pull the formula one cars around.
Back when lawn tractors were made with real metal.

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #80  
The old garden tractors that we used to mow with were like a small tractor. They were gear driven, not belt driven. I had a 12hp cub cadet that could easily pull a bottom plow. The trailer hitch was beefy compared to today's equipment.