has anyone ever heard such nonsense?

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #91  
Yea, hooked pretty quick. I probably picked a bit too high of a gear at the time. ( so somewhat my fault)
The old allis/ simplicity/wh/gravely/cubs are pretty fantastic

Today, you buy a machine for every task. Back then, one machine/implements and some “ can do” got it done
Yea, I still have a 1978 Wheel Horse C-101 I bought used in 1986.
Tough little machine and still running and working good.
It got all new belts, paint job and stickers last year

Attachments

• HPIM1724.JPG
    HPIM1724.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 62
   / has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #92  
i have owned and used lawnmowertype garden tractors from 18 hp years ago to 24 hp. i have towed trailers full of wood etc for decades too. the larger HP i have used bigger trailers and hauled more weight without any issues to transmission, etc.

the current dealer i have - a husqvarna guy said that you can only tow under warranty around 350 lbs and that includes the weight of the driver. WTF???? most companies have ads etc showing them towing carts and soil etc behind their machines to show they are of value to help out around the home, etc. that means a heavy person can't ride them or you cannot pull anything with them of substance. the trailer has wheels and the weight is towed horizontally as opposed to vertical weight (wife is a physicist) - and it seems like a crock of manure.

any thoughts???
Are you asking the dealer about a Riding Mower or a Garden Tractor? There is a difference. A Riding Mower is light weight. Meant for travelling with a mower deck. Garden tractors should be Rated differently as they are designed to possibly drag implements thru dirt. There's no specific 'pull' number for that.
My '80s Cub Cadet is S Garden Tractor, not that I have done it often but... when the rear wheels spin and dig a whole in the ground, I know i hit it's limit. I haven't broken anything on it. Ever

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #93  
Yea, I still have a 1978 Wheel Horse C-101 I bought used in 1986.
Tough little machine and still running and working good.
It got all new belts, paint job and stickers last year
I regret giving away my '74 Wheelhorse 14 Automatic. That tractor just kept going and going. It was one of my worst decisions.....

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #94  
THIS is another reason the old garden tractors last,

Resized-20220610-133037-S.jpg

They have cast iron and steel transmission that will take abuse year after year,

Resized-20220610-133456-S.jpg

and continue to keep the tractor reliable,

Resized-20220610-133511-S.jpg

I've seen waaaay too many of today's lawn tractors junked because the hydro gave up the ghost!

SR

/ has anyone ever heard such nonsense? #95  
To be clear in my last post
“The big dumbbell strapped to the front..” was not me!