Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets?

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I got mine and am very disappointed... not sure if others had better luck. I have purchased from them before, and what I got also did not fit the quick attach without being reworked by a welder. I now have my own welder/plasma/etc., but these seem to be issues in the basic design.

For reference, I have a Bobcat 773 with a Bobcat bucket, a set of Bobcat pallet forks, a Versatech rock bucket, and a newer Kubota bucket. All of these items are barely used, and the attachment points are in mint condition. The rock bucket has maybe 5 hours on it, the Kubota bucket came off a tractor with 35 hours.

1. I'm not even sure I got the right brackets, the weight on the website says 80 lbs and they measure out to about 20 lbs a piece and there's 2.

2. The pins in the brackets look really heavy duty, but they seem to be too far away from the face of the bracket. I only get about 3/16" of pin engagement max on the Versatech bucket (the cheapest made), and about 1/8" of engagement of the pin on the others. The Bobcat and Kubota quick attaches fit all these implements fine. A friend of mine has a Gehl I sold to him, and it engages them normally as well.

3) I believe the issue may be caused by #2, not sure... but the pins never lock into position. The spring just launches them back up. The handles seem to be machined for a stop in the "open" position as well, but there is none... is that left for the DIYer or is there something missing?

4) The closing action doesn't really work correctly. It binds up on the screw threads on the bolt that captures the spring. It seems this should have a bushing/sleeve that's maybe not there?

5) The top angle is way too short. If you lay the bracket face down, you can measure it sticks out about 1/2" less than the face of the bracket. Because of this, on both the Bobcat and Kubota attachments, you only get about 1/8-3/16" of engagement with the top lip of the attachment... which does not at all seem sufficient. All of the other quick attaches I've seen, both Bobcat/Kubota and aftermarket, have the top come all the way.

Hopefully there is simply something wrong with my brackets, I already have $200 into getting the two pieces built for the loader side. I emailed them, will post here what they say. :(

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets? #2  
Yes, lot's of people have purchased Titan products, and lots have had problems.

I'd say the fact that your question if posted in the "Build-It Yourself" forum, within days of you PURCHASING an item speaks volumes.

I really hope they somehow make it right for you. Please don't spend thousands trying to save hundreds. If it's garbage, take the hit, and buy something better.

-J.

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets? #3  
I got mine and am very disappointed... not sure if others had better luck. I have purchased from them before, and what I got also did not fit the quick attach without being reworked by a welder. I now have my own welder/plasma/etc., but these seem to be issues in the basic design.

For reference, I have a Bobcat 773 with a Bobcat bucket, a set of Bobcat pallet forks, a Versatech rock bucket, and a newer Kubota bucket. All of these items are barely used, and the attachment points are in mint condition. The rock bucket has maybe 5 hours on it, the Kubota bucket came off a tractor with 35 hours.

1. I'm not even sure I got the right brackets, the weight on the website says 80 lbs and they measure out to about 20 lbs a piece and there's 2.

2. The pins in the brackets look really heavy duty, but they seem to be too far away from the face of the bracket. I only get about 3/16" of pin engagement max on the Versatech bucket (the cheapest made), and about 1/8" of engagement of the pin on the others. The Bobcat and Kubota quick attaches fit all these implements fine. A friend of mine has a Gehl I sold to him, and it engages them normally as well.

3) I believe the issue may be caused by #2, not sure... but the pins never lock into position. The spring just launches them back up. The handles seem to be machined for a stop in the "open" position as well, but there is none... is that left for the DIYer or is there something missing?

4) The closing action doesn't really work correctly. It binds up on the screw threads on the bolt that captures the spring. It seems this should have a bushing/sleeve that's maybe not there?

5) The top angle is way too short. If you lay the bracket face down, you can measure it sticks out about 1/2" less than the face of the bracket. Because of this, on both the Bobcat and Kubota attachments, you only get about 1/8-3/16" of engagement with the top lip of the attachment... which does not at all seem sufficient. All of the other quick attaches I've seen, both Bobcat/Kubota and aftermarket, have the top come all the way.

Hopefully there is simply something wrong with my brackets, I already have $200 into getting the two pieces built for the loader side. I emailed them, will post here what they say. :(

Bummer man, I have ordered the blank mounting plates from titan and have had good luck they all fit perfect but for the adapter I went with a universal weld on kit made by river valley machine (they are on ebay) it was a little more then titan about double but I liked there design and it matched up perfect to the ears off my pin on bucket. Hopefully titan makes it right for you!

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets? #4  
I bought a "flat plate" from Titan so I could weld up something else to it. Their flat plat was anything but flat!! I also bought their receiver hitch adaptor which was also bowed. I was able to convince them to take the flat plate back, but because of some nuance in their wording on the website they wouldn't take the receiver back. Fortunately it only cost me about $150.

Their customer (no)service after the sale was non-existent. Unanswered phone calls, emails, etc. I finally started logging on to their website and used the "quick chat" option until I got the rep that had sold them to me.

I knew, based on what I'd read on here and another Deere-specific website, that I was taking a chance with Titan. But I figured it was only a couple hundred bucks and thought how hard can it be to make a flat plate. Apparently it's pretty hard!!

I'm getting ready to buy this "heavy duty base frame" from Artillian. Based on all that I've read, I'll be much happier dealing with them rather than Titan.

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets?
I bought a "flat plate" from Titan so I could weld up something else to it. Their flat plat was anything but flat!! I also bought their receiver hitch adaptor which was also bowed. I was able to convince them to take the flat plate back, but because of some nuance in their wording on the website they wouldn't take the receiver back. Fortunately it only cost me about $150.

Their customer (no)service after the sale was non-existent. Unanswered phone calls, emails, etc. I finally started logging on to their website and used the "quick chat" option until I got the rep that had sold them to me.

I knew, based on what I'd read on here and another Deere-specific website, that I was taking a chance with Titan. But I figured it was only a couple hundred bucks and thought how hard can it be to make a flat plate. Apparently it's pretty hard!!

I'm getting ready to buy this "heavy duty base frame" from Artillian. Based on all that I've read, I'll be much happier dealing with them rather than Titan.

Interesting. I *think* Titan is formerly "atvxpress" from eBay... in which case I purchased the hitch from them as well, and it didn't fit my Gehl quick attach. It was actually a problem in the same area - the top 45 degree fold. They refunded me promptly to have the problem fixed by a local welder, so I was happy.

I posted another thread, and was only able to find one other company that makes these parts... and theirs are $400 and look nowhere as clean as Titans. They look very well made overall, just seem to be out of tolerance a bit. And I'm not sure how I'm going to bend the top back to see if that clears up the other issues.

Yes, lot's of people have purchased Titan products, and lots have had problems.

I'd say the fact that your question if posted in the "Build-It Yourself" forum, within days of you PURCHASING an item speaks volumes.

I really hope they somehow make it right for you. Please don't spend thousands trying to save hundreds. If it's garbage, take the hit, and buy something better.

-J.

It's not garbage at all, the welds look great and they are overall very well made. Just looks like a minor manufacturing issue that turns into big problems for me!

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets? #7  
I was getting ready to order the Q.H. for 319.00 that allready tide togeather (just add bucket eyes). Call just wanting to know the thicknes of plates so i called and talk to one of their tecks? They could not tell me the thicknes of the plate they where made of. I though that would be a simple anwser for them.

The top lip on the one I measured is 50 degrees, SAE spec is 45 degrees. I think this is the majority of the issues, since it won't go in far enough, the bottom plate is "too long" so there isn't enough room for the pin.

Hm.

I was getting ready to order the Q.H. for 319.00 that allready tide togeather (just add bucket eyes). Call just wanting to know the thicknes of plates so i called and talk to one of their tecks? They could not tell me the thicknes of the plate they where made of. I though that would be a simple anwser for them.

So, they just refused to let you know? Or they had to go find out?

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets? #9  
Looks like fabricating expertise is lacking in their shop... It probably starts on the drafting table. It is not easy to make a fabricated peice of equipment if you don't have all necessary tooling, and that you lack knowledge about jigs and fixtures. Manufacturing is a very complex environment. Shop layout is also factoring in a for profit fabricating outfit.
Just my:2cents:
Best of luck with resolving your issue with Titan.:)

/ Has anyone purchased the PalletForks/Titan quick attach brackets? #10  
Can you fix the degrees problem with a BFH? I'd try that before the scrap pile. Or weld extensions to the too receiver bracket to make a better fit? You want that to be rock solid.
Jim