Have you done a favor for a neighbor that has gone bad?

/ Have you done a favor for a neighbor that has gone bad? #12  
IMHO.. no neighbors within shooting distance make better ones!

soundguy

/ Have you done a favor for a neighbor that has gone bad? #13  
IMHO.. no neighbors within shooting distance make better ones!

soundguy

They say timing is everything...........

Boy, did you ever nail that one.

Neighbors grandson has been riding his 4-wheeler through my hayfields and now in my GARDEN over the past few days. Headed over to have a discussion with the young man's grampa in a few.

/ Have you done a favor for a neighbor that has gone bad? #17  
I have a story like that. Neighbor noticed I had a large dumptruck. he asks me if "I'd like to make some money delivering stone so he can build a big patio".

I didn't need the money, but I thought I'd be neighborly and deliver about a few 10 ton loads from the quarry. Of course the first loads go without a hitch. One more load, that's when it usually happens. Sure enough, last load, he backs me over his septic system holding tank. One of my sets of dual rear wheels goes through the lid. Thinking quickly, I shifted into 4WD and pulled off the busted lid before I went deeper into the smelly abyss. :eek:

I could see he was thinking of asking me to pay for the lid, then stopped himself and decided the right thing to do was fix it himself.

/ Have you done a favor for a neighbor that has gone bad? #18  
Some things found while tilling "cleaned or clear" spots for neighbors. While tilling a rather large garden spot for an older widow neighbor her son had "cleaned up" about 3 passes into it I figured out where her late husband left two rolls of barbed wire fence. The slip clutch worked, but not intill I had both rolls well tangled. Another neighbor called after setting up a double-wide and asked if I could till the future site for a lawn, No problem I says. I looked over the piece of ground, picked out just a few rocks and started till'n. After about half way being done, found where the backhoe had buried in a very shallow grave, the remains of a brick chiminey. Slip clutch worked as the red bricks bent tine flanges and jamming between tines and top of the tiller, all in the blink of an eye. If I have not tilled that exact spot before or put'n in a new garden, I rip the spot with the cultivator first, in both directions. Experience is the best education, neighbors or not.

/ Have you done a favor for a neighbor that has gone bad? #19  
They say timing is everything...........

Boy, did you ever nail that one.

Neighbors grandson has been riding his 4-wheeler through my hayfields and now in my GARDEN over the past few days. Headed over to have a discussion with the young man's grampa in a few.

Long while back i used to live in a regular 'neighborhood'.. ie.. 0 lot line.. people with a house 8' from yours on t he side.... got tired of that and bought property in a less developed equine neighborhood.. more elbow room.. lots from 1-2-3-5 ac sizes.. no houses closer than 70'.. most over a few hundred... figured that'd be fine... then the crazy woman moves in on one side couple hundred feet that way.. then the quiet guy coupl ehundred feet the other way retires and landscapes his place 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, and doesn't like my horse pasture as it's not pretty like his lawn.. then the neighbor about 500' diagonal , ont he other side of the 'quiet' landscaper retires as he was a snowbird from newyork, and now lives down here permanently don't like my horses.. ( it's an equine community.. but only 3 of us have horses.. go figure.. )... after hearing and putting up with them complaining for a couple years, I up and buy a larger piece even more remote ( dirt roads and all ), and aside from a odd character or two living on the road.. it seems to be a pretty hands off community of small farms... I'm slowly moving all my animals over there as I get more of the land beat into submission. late last year was my big step as I finally got power ( whew$$$$$$$$$ ) out there, and then sunk a well. Been adding fencing as needed.. seeing that as perhaps a pre-retirement move in date.. economy dependent... ;)

I remember 10ys ago when i bought that rural place.. I didn't even have a perimeter fence.. but then.. like your situation.. someones un-restrained child was rutting up the place with an ATV sooo bad that I was going thru shear pins at about the same rate we were using howitzer shells on d-day.. first weekend after that ordeal, and when finding out law enforcement was next to useless for those types of situations, i had to be the party pooper and erect a perimeter fence.. flagged it out real good with reflectors and colored tape so the little bast... er child didn't shoot thru it and get a booboo...

soundguy

/ Have you done a favor for a neighbor that has gone bad? #20