Hay mower

/ Hay mower #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Looking at a new hay disc mower.
Looking at a mower with the name of Morra.
Also sold under other names such as Farmmax, and Fort
From what I find, they are made in Italy
I can't seem to find any reviews on this mower, and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with these mowers.
Thanks

Last edited:
   / Hay mower #2  
Mine is a 10' Bush Hog brand. Don't know if it is marketed under another name though.

/ Hay mower #4  
Looking at a new hay disc mower.
Looking at a mower with the name of Morra.
Also sold under other names such as Farmmax, and Fort
From what I find, they are made in Italy
I can't seem to find any reviews on this mower, and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with these mowers.
Thanks

I've never seen a Morra, Farmmax, or Fort disc mower unless they were/are actually the OEM on somebody else's mowers, and even then it would only be an older or budget-line model as the major manufacturers either make their own main-line stuff or have another major OEM make it for them (e.g. Deere's 3 point disc mowers are Kuhns with green paint.) I don't think I would be real eager to buy a budget disc mower from a not well known maker, particularly since it would be almost guaranteed to be a gear bed unit. Those are particularly critical to how well they are put together and failures tend to be catastrophic. I am partial to the shaft drive modularized units after having worked on them, they are generally repairable although dropping the cutterbar and separating the modules out is a bit of work.

/ Hay mower
I've never seen a Morra, Farmmax, or Fort disc mower unless they were/are actually the OEM on somebody else's mowers, and even then it would only be an older or budget-line model as the major manufacturers either make their own main-line stuff or have another major OEM make it for them (e.g. Deere's 3 point disc mowers are Kuhns with green paint.) I don't think I would be real eager to buy a budget disc mower from a not well known maker, particularly since it would be almost guaranteed to be a gear bed unit. Those are particularly critical to how well they are put together and failures tend to be catastrophic. I am partial to the shaft drive modularized units after having worked on them, they are generally repairable although dropping the cutterbar and separating the modules out is a bit of work.
got a vicon now that's a gear bed unit. I was under the impression they all were geared

/ Hay mower #6  
got a vicon now that's a gear bed unit. I was under the impression they all were geared

Nope. CaseIH/New Holland uses a modular shaft-driven cutterbar on their Discbines and their "nicer" disc mowers. Everything Vermeer currently makes is modular shaft-driven too, but a different design than CNH uses. Most of the rest are gearbed though.

/ Hay mower
Nope. CaseIH/New Holland uses a modular shaft-driven cutterbar on their Discbines and their "nicer" disc mowers. Everything Vermeer currently makes is modular shaft-driven too, but a different design than CNH uses. Most of the rest are gearbed though.
who builds those for case/NH ?
my vicon is built by Greenland / Holland

/ Hay mower #9  
Mower cutter bar or the whole mower? I think the NH discbines are made at the New Holland plant in New Holland, PA along with the balers.

/ Hay mower
Mower cutter bar or the whole mower? I think the NH discbines are made at the New Holland plant in New Holland, PA along with the balers.
Probably the same factory that makes the Vicon. It's also made in Holland