Haying

/ Haying #11  
I'd find a neighbor with a cute 15 YO daughter and offer to do whatever work they needed to have done.

then try no to hit any trees while doing it....LoL!

:laughing: yea, when I was that age I got a summer haying job with a friend, because of his sister....

/ Haying
I'd find a neighbor with a cute 15 YO daughter and offer to do whatever work they needed to have done.

then try no to hit any trees while doing it....LoL!

Hhahhahahaha That has already been taken care of ;):thumbsup:

/ Haying
Just tow tha baler behind the tractor. If they have a baler I bet they know where to get a haybine and a rake too.

Thats a good idea but, the baler sticks out soo far to the right of the tractor i would basically have to drive on the wrong side of the road for 4 miles

/ Haying #14  
Thats a good idea but, the baler sticks out soo far to the right of the tractor i would basically have to drive on the wrong side of the road for 4 miles

The tongue of the baler swings to the right, it narrows it up quite a ways. You wouldn't have any problems.

/ Haying #15  

You will find most all pulled haying equipment has both a transport and field position. The field position swings the equipment out to the right side. The transport position swings the equipment more centered for easier transport and trailering down roads. Dont worry as this is how equipment is meant to be moved. Just drive slow and stay towards the right shoulder. :)

Darrell

/ Haying
Thanks for all the replies:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I talked to my friend and he said that I could barrow all the equipment including a hay wagon and a hay rake. Another friend of theirs borrows it and runs all of the equipment with a Kubota L3240. When i do the job should i remove the loader?

/ Haying #17  
When i do the job should i remove the loader?

When you are haying you are paying attention to equipment you are towing behind you. I'd say take the loader (min bucket) off so you have nothing to worry about in front of you. ;)

/ Haying #18  
Sounds like a fun job there. I get a few tractor jobs myself with my Yanmar, usually mowing, tilling, or grading roads. I also have used my Dad's 3720 on a few jobs as well as his track skidsteer. I say any tractor job is gonna get you good earnings and a lot of good seat time. For my summer job, I help my grandpa and uncles build pole barns. I think the largest was 80'x120' with a 20'x120' lean too on the west side.

/ Haying
Sounds like a fun job there. I get a few tractor jobs myself with my Yanmar, usually mowing, tilling, or grading roads. I also have used my Dad's 3720 on a few jobs as well as his track skidsteer. I say any tractor job is gonna get you good earnings and a lot of good seat time. For my summer job, I help my grandpa and uncles build pole barns. I think the largest was 80'x120' with a 20'x120' lean too on the west side.

Jacob you are very lucky..... i am so jealous that you get to use your grandpa's skid steer

/ Haying #20  
I am pretty luck indeed. About an hour ago I used my Grandpa's skidsteer to push 8 units of sawdust into his shavings bin. Very dust job but a lot of fun.