Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #1  

brino

Tractor
Branson 3520R with BL25R loader
Hi Folks!

I just joined today because yesterday I bought a ~2016 Branson 3520R, with the BL25R loader and a new Meteor SB72 snow blower.
I bought it from Bromley Farm Equipment up in Douglas, Ontario about an hour away. It is not one of their brands, they got it on trade-in.
However my nearest tractor place is M&P Farm Equipment and Branson is one of their supplied brands, so parts, fluids, etc. should be available.

For years I have been using a blade on the front of my truck for snow removal, but of course end up with the driveway all boxed-in with snowbanks by spring.
I have over 200 feet of driveway to deal with and looking for a better way this winter.
I am also looking forward to putting up a dedicated workshop building in the next two years and the best spot for that is where I currently push the majority of the snow.
Long ago I outgrew the 20'x20', two-car garage that I currently use as a workshop, but of course I haven't stopped buying tools.
I am mostly into metal working (two milling machines, lathe, bandsaw, various welders, etc.), but have the basic woodworking tools too (table saw, bandsaw, lathe, thickness planer) and all the usual supporting equipment (drill presses, grinders, sanders, etc.)

I haven't driven a proper tractor in many years (just a selection of various little mowers, currently have a Cub Cadet LTX1142KW).
I am really looking forward to learning all the controls again, plus the wide range and best use of implements.
The driveway is gravel, so I also need to immediately start looking into of some kind of blade (back blade, box grader?) for leveling, and weed control.

I know the guidance here will be extremely valuable.
I have a lot of reading and research to do.

Thanks for having me!
Brian (aka brino)

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #2  
Hi Folks!

I just joined today because yesterday I bought a ~2016 Branson 3520R, with the BL25R loader and a new Meteor SB72 snow blower.
I bought it from Bromley Farm Equipment up in Douglas, Ontario about an hour away. It is not one of their brands, they got it on trade-in.
However my nearest tractor place is M&P Farm Equipment and Branson is one of their supplied brands, so parts, fluids, etc. should be available.

For years I have been using a blade on the front of my truck for snow removal, but of course end up with the driveway all boxed-in with snowbanks by spring.
I have over 200 feet of driveway to deal with and looking for a better way this winter.
I am also looking forward to putting up a dedicated workshop building in the next two years and the best spot for that is where I currently push the majority of the snow.
Long ago I outgrew the 20'x20', two-car garage that I currently use as a workshop, but of course I haven't stopped buying tools.
I am mostly into metal working (two milling machines, lathe, bandsaw, various welders, etc.), but have the basic woodworking tools too (table saw, bandsaw, lathe, thickness planer) and all the usual supporting equipment (drill presses, grinders, sanders, etc.)

I haven't driven a proper tractor in many years (just a selection of various little mowers, currently have a Cub Cadet LTX1142KW).
I am really looking forward to learning all the controls again, plus the wide range and best use of implements.
The driveway is gravel, so I also need to immediately start looking into of some kind of blade (back blade, box grader?) for leveling, and weed control.

I know the guidance here will be extremely valuable.
I have a lot of reading and research to do.

Thanks for having me!
Brian (aka brino)
Welcome Brian, from a fellow Ontarian (near dorset). You will LOVE having the blower, as do I. Is your blower, a front blower, or a rear blower?

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!
Hello @check

My new Meteor SB72 snow blower is a rear mount and used in reverse, like this:

1697381405638.png

The tractor has two sets of remote hydraulic couplers and the blower will use one for the chute turning.
The chute deflector is manual.

Perhaps a little awkward having to reverse all the way, but I figure I want the loader on all the time too....

Thanks for the welcome!

Brian

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #4  

York brand, Model RI landscape rake with fold up/down blade. Expensive, but 2 in 1 versatility. Worth it.

RI RAKE SPECS:

I would favor 7' width as rakes are mostly pulled on an angle and 7' will reach the edge of your driveway. Before you make a final rake width decision measure the outside to outside width of your rear tire stance and post the measurement here. A Landscape Rake should be 18" to 24" wider than your rear tire stance.

Last edited:
   / Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #5  
Branson 3520R

Four-wheel drive
Weight4053 lbs
1838 kg
Branson 3520R Power
Engine35 hp
26.1 kW
PTO (claimed)29 hp
21.6 kW
Width64 inches (min)
162 cm

Last edited:
   / Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #7  
Welcome to TBN, you are going to look forward to the first big snow storm.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #8  
Welcome to TBN, nice introduction hopefully you dont have to use that blower too soon...

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #10  
Welcome to TBN...enjoy.