Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #11  
Congratulations on the new toy, those Branson 20 series machines are tough for as small as they are. Though I suppose size is relative, lol.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #12  
Welcome to TBN and new tractor ownership.
Have fun

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #13  
Welcome to TBN and team TYM. Great bunch of people here that know lots about lots.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #14  
Welcome! I'm less than an hour from you with a Branson 4225H, bought new from M&P Farm a few years ago. Murray at M&P and his team are good guys; fair, responsive, and (as you said) with good access to Branson/Tym parts. Just a tad expensive on transport, so try to find ways to bring in your machine for service if you ever need to do that rather than do pickup.

For attachments, all the local guys are pretty good at what they've got, and can bring in at decent markup from the typical providers. But sometimes Quebec dealers have access to different brands at different negotiated distributor price levels (e.g. Igland versus Norse forestry winches) and it's worth shopping that way too.

Enjoy!

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!
I was supposed to take delivery of the tractor Wednesday but I had to delay it due to surprise emergency retina surgery. I am now home, on the mend and off work for 2 weeks.

I will call and arrange new delivery date hopefully early next week.

@houska when I started my tractor search I was expecting to buy privately and need to move it myself and so bought a 10,000lb trailer. I have always wanted one anyhow as I do all the maintenance on the fleet of family vehicles. I can see needing to move a disabled vehicle, so I am all set for moving the tractor.

Thanks for the welcome and the other info on implements.

Brian

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #16  
Hope your recovery goes well. My wife has had multiple eye surgeries, including emergency retinal repair. I hope your surgeon is as good as hers. Enjoy the rest and eventually, the tractor.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada!
Hi All,

Despite having a trailer I could haul the tractor on, the eye surgeon didn't clear me to drive until Friday.
Saturday I was planning to go and haul it home maybe Tuesday based on best weather.

Then the phone rang. The dealer had fixed the inspection issues with their trailer and were ready to deliver!

I felt like a kid at Christmas for the next hour an a half.

its_here.jpg

its_here2.jpg

The first night it slept on the patio .......we put the patio table away and take the tarp off the gazebo for the winter anyway because it would NOT survive all the snow we get.

first_night.jpg

Then on Sunday my son helped put up a portable garage.
I say "helped", but since I am still not lifting anything heavy he did most of the work.

new_home.jpg

....and then this morning:

this_morning1.jpg

this_morning2.jpg

this_morning3.jpg

this_morning4.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

Brian

Last edited:
   / Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #18  
Kinda late but welcome to TBN and congrats on your new acquisition!

Looks like you'll soon have enough white stuff laying around to try that snowblower.

/ Hello from Almonte, Ontario, Canada! #20  
Congrats on your new "toy".

Here's our time progression that you may well end up following:

Winter 1. Carefully store our Branson in a "portable garage" just like yours all winter
Winter 2. Occasionally get lazy and leave Branson out, with a lovingly attached ATV cover over the cockpit area
Winter 3. Leave the Branson out most of the winter, covering the cockpit with a bungeed tarp
Winter 4. Always leave the Branson out, with a tarp sorta held in place with decrepit bungees, since the "garage" is too full of other crap

BTW, if you're going to be using the tractor outside in the winter, especially if you have any slopey areas, I'd suggest you find some tire chains, at least for the rears. Up here in Eastern Ontario, I find it's fine without in the 1st part of the winter, but it gets really slidy on R4 tires when you have icy packed snow on (semi)cleared driveways, and of course when there's any freezing rain or you get into the spring freeze-thaw cycle. We didn't have any for Winters 1 and 2, and it really limited in what conditions we could actually use the tractor meaningfully. Even though we're ony 45 mins from you, you're on much flatter ground, so you may fare better than we did, but I'd still think about it.