Hello from Oklahoma

/ Hello from Oklahoma #1  

VoyagernOK

Tractor
Mahindra MPower 75P; JD 4210
I just realized I'd never posted an introduction as I was instructed to do after joining. I just jumped on here looking for help with a problem and went straight to asking and got a good answer that solved my issue.

I run a water/sewer utility company in SW OK in an upscale unincorporated development. We have about 600 homes on 1200 acres and the utility owns/maintains about 65-70 acres of land including drainages, some steep slopes, swamps, etc. We maintain about 1 1/2 miles of crushed rock roads on our properties (not the streets in the community but our access roads) maintain the water and sewer systems, clear brush, transplant trees, move landscaping boulders, plow snow, etc.
I use a John Deere 4210 4wd Compact Utility tractor (28 hp) with eHydrostatic transmission for which we have a loader, grapple, and on-frame backhoe. (attaching picture of a sweet used backhoe I located last year and we had installed... they no longer make a backhoe for this tractor but I found this used one (used once) that had been sitting inside a shed in IA for 12 years.) It only digs 6' deep but our lines are only 3-4' so it works fine. To have this installed we had to remove the 3-point hitch so no longer use the small mowers, box blade, or tiller we have for it. But we have multiple large zero turn Bad Boy mowers, so we don't need the mowers we have for this. We probably put 250 hours per year on this little workhorse. It's a sweet tractor to operate.

For heavier work we have a Mahindra M-Power 75P (75hp) 4wd with shuttle shift. We have a 72" bucket, 66" Titan Extreme root grapple, 8' box blade, 7' bushhog, and forklift for this tractor. After an ice storm last fall we had over 600 truck loads of trees and branches hauled from our residences and I used this tractor to stack and compact all this into a single pile which we are now preparing to burn. (with all the right safety factors) Because the box blade on this tractor weighs 3/4 ton, I use it for ballast when using the grapple or loader and it has worked great. I'm not a Mahindra fan after using this tractor three years. We've had issues with the shuttle shift linkage and now it appears the shuttle shift inside the transmission is failing sometimes as it will jump out of reverse when first shifting it. The AC compressor also went out on us shredding the belt. We just have 350 hours on this tractor so shouldn't have these problems.

The only dealers we have within a reasonable distance are JD and Kubota, so I'm sure if/when we replace the Mahindra it will be with one of those two as access to a dealer is vital. Having to haul a tractor 2 1/2 hours each way to a shop is ridiculous. (we did have multiple Mahindra dealers closer but they have all switched to other brands)

If one of you is looking for a wonderful retirement area and would like to "play with" someone else's equipment (volunteer to help) I can offer a chance for you to operate all kinds of equipment! :D

Attachments

• JD 47 Backhoe.png
    JD 47 Backhoe.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 60
   / Hello from Oklahoma #2  
Welcome to TBN, looks like you wear a lot of hats there and do a lot of interesting work.

/ Hello from Oklahoma #3  
Glad to have you as a member!

/ Hello from Oklahoma #4  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Continue to enjoy and contribute to the site. (y)

/ Hello from Oklahoma #6  
I'm new from Oklahoma city.

/ Hello from Oklahoma #7  
Welcome to TBN.

/ Hello from Oklahoma #9  
welcome to tbn.jpg
From central Oklahoma. 👍

/ Hello from Oklahoma #10  
Love Oklahoma. It’s so American. Oklahomans seem to love their country more than any state. We should all learn to be that thankful for what we have.