Hello from Sweden

/ Hello from Sweden #1  

SensibleNick

Gold Member
Tractor
Foton FT254
Hi Everyone.

I'm sat here following Instructions: "introduce yourself" says the man... So I shall. :)

I'm a fella at the stage of life where a house seems to have appeared, and I've settled down happily. Amusingly I'm also in Sweden - Never expected that when I was younger, but now I reckon I'll stay: I like eating rotten fish and drinking vicious vodka variants so I fit right in. :rolleyes:

The house is an old farmhouse from 1890, and the land that comes with is a relatively flat 5 acres. No forest, no mountainous roads... nothing exiting really, but we need a tractor.

I've joined up because this really seems to be the place to talk about/learn about tractors. In the next 6 months or so I aim to get a generic chinese import - the standard 25hp 4x4 little donkey that'll do nearly everything on a small scale. I want to know all about the pitfalls, tricks, fixes and problems before I get one... So I intend to stick around and read all I can.:)

After that I'll probably get overly excited about having a 160bar hydraulic system to hand, and spend days wondering what can be achieved with a 20hp PTO shaft. :eek:

So... here I am. I hope that at least a few of my inevitable questions aren't too stupid :D

Med Välighen Häl�sningar,
All the best,

/Nick

/ Hello from Sweden #4  
Welcome! I got to visit Visby Island in Sweden this sumer. The mainland looks like beautiful country.

Pete

/ Hello from Sweden #5  
Amusingly I'm also in Sweden - Never expected that when I was younger

So where were you when you were younger?:D

Anyway, glad to have you join us.

/ Hello from Sweden
Thanks guys :)
So where were you when you were younger?
Just accross the little pond, Living on the UK. Followed a girl... and the rest is a long and winding history.:)
Welcome! I got to visit Visby Island in Sweden this sumer. The mainland looks like beautiful country.
It really is beautiful. I'm living in the very south, where it's fairly flat... Slightly out of the usual pattern, we've had full snow coverage for the best part of 2 months now, and it look set to continue.
Still.. I grew up near the Welsh mountains: I kinda miss them.

/ Hello from Sweden #7  
Well yes Nick,... let me send you a warm WELCOME-ABOARD on a cold night here in Canada. This certainly is the place to learn about tractors,...and just about anything else you might be curious about.

Once you decide on, .. or get the tractor of your choice,..you will find the list of all makes here. If you go there you can discuss "your" tractor with many others who have one just like "yours".

You might wish to go there first, . .to learn if such make and model was a good choice, . . or perhaps a bad one? Good luck to you!

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ Hello from Sweden
some idiot said:
In the next 6 months or so I aim to get a generic chinese import - the standard 25hp 4x4 little donkey that'll do nearly everything on a small scale

Well.. I signed up under month ago..

Yesterday I signed a deal on a Foton FT254 (AKA Europard 254) fitted with FEL. A rear blade and Cultivator will be be on the truck when it comes. Delivery in 3-4 weeks. :licking:

The Hunt for a second-hand 2 shear plough is on... :thumbsup:

/ Hello from Sweden #9  
Hello and Welcome!
:drink:

/ Hello from Sweden #10  
Greetings Nick, I have a Foton 254. Not many guys on the forum have them. There was much to fix and need to redo some poor disigns flaws when I got it, I received a great deal of help from the fellows on the forum. Like to see pictures and hear what your feelings are once you get and begin to use it. Welcome and good luck with this new part of your life. Richard