HELP - Alternator/Generator Belt Removal/Installation - JD2040

/ HELP - Alternator/Generator Belt Removal/Installation - JD2040 #11  
You may be on to something here. IF you don't mind me asking WHERE did you purchase this belt? What size and model/part number did you use. Thanks..
I get this stuff at the local woodworking supply shop up here, you buy it by the foot. I just used the old belt as a guide and got it on there, tightened it up, and back in business. You should be able to find it online easily if not locally, you want the the 1/2” size. Buy an extra foot, you don’t want to be a link short. It is pretty stiff when new.

/ HELP - Alternator/Generator Belt Removal/Installation - JD2040
Wanted to say THANKS to all that responded. I took the advice of "Eric M" and purchased a similar belt from Harbor Freight that was 1/2" x 5' and was $35.00. Removed several links and then installed. Seemed to fit just fine. Won't know in my case if it will work until I fire her up. Hopefully this will help others in the future.

/ HELP - Alternator/Generator Belt Removal/Installation - JD2040 #13  
Wanted to say THANKS to all that responded. I took the advice of "Eric M" and purchased a similar belt from Harbor Freight that was 1/2" x 5' and was $35.00. Removed several links and then installed. Seemed to fit just fine. Won't know in my case if it will work until I fire her up. Hopefully this will help others in the future.
Good Luck, I am sure it will work fine. The stuff is more expensive than a regular belt but saves enough work to be worth it In situations like this.