Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #21  
If a tractor has a “limp mode”, does that mean the throttle isn’t directly connected to the pump? That is, how does it cancel the throttle position and limit rpms?

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #22  
Here is a link where you can get the service manual. This tractor is all mechanical and does not have a limp mode.

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #23  
thanks all... i will relay info to my shop tech and have check whats been mentioned and report back.... He is a great diesel mechanic but with no service manual etc.. its a little tougher to diagnosis.
Don't worry. Dealers never even got access to a manual specific to the 4720h nor did they ever release the diagnostic software/hardware for the DPF system.

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #24  
we did move the lever by hand and nada... yes its .5 secs so i was going to order both sensors (temp sensor and pressure sensor)
The sensors will have absolutely no effect on it running. Emissions system is totally passive on these. Have worked on Bransons since 2006 and got to deal with emissions crap on these when it was new.

Last edited:
   / Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #25  
If a tractor has a “limp mode”, does that mean the throttle isn’t directly connected to the pump? That is, how does it cancel the throttle position and limit rpms?

It's got a regular mechanical pump operated by the throttle lever and the HST pedals, and a passive DPF+DOC (which the manual calls a DPF). The only electronics is the data recorder which has sensors for pressure differential across the DPF and the temperature, and maybe tracks running time. The data recorder operates the DPF light on the dash and that's about it. It's got an OBD2 looking port but none of my readers could get anything off it. The manual mentions a reader but I think that is a dealer-only item.

There's no limp mode. The computer is too limited for that. If it's doesn't rev with the DPF removed then I think it's a fuel problem. Could be the FI pump is broken inside so moving the lever does not change the injection volume (which seems like it'd be rare), or the flow from the tank is limited in some way.

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #26  
I would check the air filter as well as all the intake ducts. Air must get in before it can get out.

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #27  
Also, check if the shut off lever on the filter housing is open or close. If it's horizontal, it's close. If it's vertical, then it's open.

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #28  
Jerflynn, you mentioned that you moved the throttle level by hand and nothing........ Did you verify that moving the throttle by hand is actually moving the linkage at the injector pump. This still seems to me to be a throttle linkage problem.

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power #29  
I would agree that it seems to be a throttle issue,
have you physically moved the linkage on the injection pump trying for more rpm.
Also it would be strange but how is the governor setup on that tractor,
could it be holding the actual throttle closed.
Also is the fuel shut off solenoid fully activating to the run mode.

/ Help! Branson Tractor only IDLES - no Power
C:\Users\jflyn\OneDrive\Desktop\Teijin RFQ automotive\IMG_1613.MOV