Help Identify Leaf Vac Impeller

/ Help Identify Leaf Vac Impeller #1  

JD5210

Veteran Member
Tractor
5210 MFWD
I need to replace the leaf vacuum impeller on a second hand leaf vacuum I purchased and do not know the name of the manufacture. I have attached a picture of the impeller does anyone know the name and where I can get a replacement? I would rather replace it then try and bend it back in shape, weld it and rebalance it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• impellersm.jpg
    impellersm.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 716
   / Help Identify Leaf Vac Impeller #2  
Picture of leaf vacume would help.

Roy

/ Help Identify Leaf Vac Impeller
The leaf vac is currently in pieces. What I purchased was just the motor, hose and impeller housing, that is what is making it hard for me to identify

/ Help Identify Leaf Vac Impeller #4  
That's exactly like mine. Its a Woods. I have a sales flyer somewhere around here showing it. The impeller is just soft steel. I've had to straighten and square up my blades many times using a large vise. It has never shown signs of cracking or fatigue. Grind or file off the nicks and chips. If its not well balanced, it will work loose. Its held on with two hex Allens and a cap bolt.

Mine was originally for a left and discharge mower deck (very rare), so I turned it around to run a right hand side discharge. I also made a new faring for it so I could run a 12" inlet hose to accommodate a 72" mower. This thing sucks up grass leaves stones and bricks; turns them into sawdust. I replaced the motor with a Honda GX that was on sale at TSC because it was a fixed throttle and no one wanted it.

I suspect its the same impeller that is used on an older Billy Goat type vac. The housing of the BG is just thin steel. The Woods housing is 1/4" heavy duty construction.

/ Help Identify Leaf Vac Impeller
Zzvyb6, thanks for the response. If you could find the paper work that would be great! The engine on it is 5HP and impeller connects as you described it. One of the blades the weld has broke, causing the blade to hit the housing.

A friend said he would try and use his press to bend it back and weld it, but said the balancing was up to me as he said he has had limited success in that area.

I did a google search on both woods and billy goat, but no luck in matching up what I have.

/ Help Identify Leaf Vac Impeller #6  
There are a number of leaf vac impellers for sale on ebay. 4 or 6 blade. Just match the OD and the shaft size. The ads identify several brands.