Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!!

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #1  

Rebeldad1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti Tractor, John Deere Mower,New Holland Mini Excavator
My wife keeps replacing our outdoor thermometers. they all fail after a short time.

anyone have one that seems accurate and has survived a few years?
Thanks!!

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #2  
I have had one of these for 3-3 years. It was a gift from Costco. It worked so well I bought another one for my parents.

AcuRite 02064 5-in-1 Color Station with Weather Ticker and Future Forecast, White, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0147DCLPC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_aQi4CbQQ02Z9Q

Davis Instruments makes nice ones too....all made in the USA. My buddy is going on 10 years with his.

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #3  
Is it analog (bimetal spring), digital, or mercury (red liquid-glass).
Maybe someone will enjoy my weather story. Years ago when I chose my easy to remember house phone number it was close to the number you could call for the weather.
One morning my phone rings at 4 a.m.!
Some guy said he was going hunting. I asked him if he had a window. "Uh...yes" he said. I said "open it, stick your head out, pull it back in...if it's wet, it's raining, if it's white and cold it's snowing, if your hair is all messed up it's windy" so on...he was laughing hard when I slammed the phone.

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #4  
I've had a $10 dollar thermometer hanging under the eves of my work shed for 38 years. I can see it when I look out the kitchen window. Had to replace it eleven years ago. Monster wind storm blew it off the nail and it smashed when it hit the ground.

It's a round unit - got it at the local Ace Hardware store.

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #5  
This is how I do it......"Hey Alexa, what is the temp outside"

It always works

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #6  
Look at well endowed ladies, you get the idea, not sure about the accuracy but it's enjoyable.

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #7  
..anyone have one that seems accurate...
Go in a box store etc. and look at the thermometers...hard to find any two that read the same...!

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #8  
I got two cheap ones from a box store after looking for two that read the same. That was probably 19 or 20 years ago. They still work and agree with my Accurite weather station.

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #9  
I have a Honeywell WiFi Thermostat that I installed as well as their external temperature probe. Works quite well and gives accurate readings. Keep it our of the sun though very accurate temp.

/ Help on a outdoor thermometer that works!!!! #10  
Tempo Disc™ - Waterproof Bluetooth Temperature Sensor and Data Logger IP67 - Blue Maestro
had one of these for aver a year so far and works great
I am in the hvac industry so i am always looking for temp reading gizmos
had to order this one from maunfacturers sit because I wanted the waterproof one. If you can leave it under cover they make a couple models that you can get on amazon
I have compared them to my work temp gauges and they have been right on. I use them inside air handlers to measure temps without the doors open