Help with 3rd function install

/ Help with 3rd function install #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
I had rear remotes installed when I bought the ct2035. I am installing a Summit 3rd function kit. Current PB runs to the remotes block. Took that line off going to run it to my 3rd function block then return it to remotes block. Does that sound right?

The fittings that came with summit kit don't fit, so I'll have to get new ones and put 90's on hoses.

This sound right?

Attachments

• IMG_20210703_135533.jpg
    IMG_20210703_135533.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20210703_135503.jpg
    IMG_20210703_135503.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
   / Help with 3rd function install #2  
Yes, supplying the 3rd function from the FEL block and returning to the connection on the rear remotes you have pictured will work. The other option is supply the 3rd function from the T port on rear remote and return the oil to the fitting under the seat that the T port is currently connected to. The latter is where the backhoe connects so if you have any plans of adding one, the way you have described is better so it doesn’t mess with the fittings that come with the backhoe kit.

/ Help with 3rd function install
Jeez these 7/16 ORB -1/2 JIC adapters are hard to find. Coop and princess auto didn't stock them. I'll have to try a specialty hydraulic store on Monday.

Should I be worried that the t line of the 3rd function is going to the P of the remotes block?

I have the solidoid block mounted on FEL. So now when I detach loader, I'll have to remove hoses from block and connect them to each other so that power gets to the remotes right?

Last edited:
   / Help with 3rd function install #5  
Are you sure they are 7/16 ORB?

As to being worried about the T (tank) port of the third function feeding the P port of the remotes....it depends. What valve are you using for the third? I am not familiar with a "summit 3rd function kit". But if its an electric solenoid valve...."most" of those are rated to handle full pressure on the tank port. But worth double checking with them. If it is a cast iron mono-block manual spool valve....most of those are NOT rated for full pressure on the tank port and thus you would need a PB adapter

I was wrong on the orb. It was BSP to JIC. Still had to go to a hydraulic specialty shop.

The summit one is electric solenoid which bolts to a machined block.

The P, A, B ports are rated to 350 bar, and the T port is rated to 100bar. That is what first made me wonder.

Their instructions clearly show that the loader PB goes to the P, and T goes to either remotes inlet.

I think I'll phone summit to double check.

Do others mount the solenoid/ block on the FEL or on the tractor? With it mounted on the FEL, inline between loader PB and remotes P, that means when I unhook loader, I have to connect those two hoses together when I unplug them from my block... That seems kind of kludgy.

/ Help with 3rd function install #7  
Have you considered a diverter? No worry about remotes or PB. Mounted to the loader the only thing "extra" you have to unhook is an electrical connector.

Regarding the summit....100bar is only about 1500psi....and yes that would concern me trying to run system pressure through the T port to power the remotes and 3PH

Yeah in hindsight I would have gone with a diverter... I may check with their return policy.

I spoke with summit, and they said not to worry about the pressure rating on T line, it will power remotes and 3pt fine.

I currently have it so the block is on the inside of the loader. There is only 1/2" to spare between loader and hood which I don't like, plus I have to connect those lines together when I have loader off. When I have some spare time, I'll likely mount it to the tractor, and switch hoses up. Then when not in use the fluid will just circulate through the block. I am not nuts about it circulating through the block constantly, but it will be a 'cleaner' implementation.

/ Help with 3rd function install #10  
Attached are the Bobcat 3rd function kit installation instructions. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 3rd Function kit instructions FL7&8 7393110 enUS.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 195