Help With a JD Gator Mod Please

/ Help With a JD Gator Mod Please #1  

Yogi05

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T25 Foton TB504
I have one of these.

1650839942643.png

It's a 2006 if I remember right. No idea what model. It's used at a facility I manage so it's not my personal machine.
It has the starter button on the gas pedal, and whenever you stop the engine shuts off by design.

I'd like to change that so it has a regular start-with-ignition switch, and idles when you stop moving. I heard a few years ago
there was a kit to convert it to key start and to make it idle. I was told it was supposed to shut off each time you stop but I finally
got around to where I want to change this. (sort of had the same plan a few years ago but got side tracked)
The people that use this machine are getting fed up with the touchy pedal start switch and having it shut off every 25 feet when they stop
to do something.

I searched over an hour looking for this mystical conversion kit with no results.

Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction??
Local JD dealers don't seem interested in small parts from 2006.

/ Help With a JD Gator Mod Please #2  
Can’t u just turn the low idle screw so the lever on carb keeps it running..
Ur gonna have the opposite effect when u go to shut it off tho.. it’ll keep running..

/ Help With a JD Gator Mod Please
I've read fixes like that but it's equally about getting rid of the no-so-well-functioning pedal starter.

/ Help With a JD Gator Mod Please #4  
Check the frame for model number/serial number tag. With the model, we should be able to find the kit you want.

Thanks. I will. It won't be until this weekend.

/ Help With a JD Gator Mod Please #6  
I have one of these.

View attachment 743170

It's a 2006 if I remember right. No idea what model. It's used at a facility I manage so it's not my personal machine.
It has the starter button on the gas pedal, and whenever you stop the engine shuts off by design.

I'd like to change that so it has a regular start-with-ignition switch, and idles when you stop moving. I heard a few years ago
there was a kit to convert it to key start and to make it idle. I was told it was supposed to shut off each time you stop but I finally
got around to where I want to change this. (sort of had the same plan a few years ago but got side tracked)
The people that use this machine are getting fed up with the touchy pedal start switch and having it shut off every 25 feet when they stop
to do something.

I searched over an hour looking for this mystical conversion kit with no results.

Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction??
Local JD dealers don't seem interested in small parts from 2006.
It’s been working that way for 16 years so it obviously isn’t hurting it. As they say, “If if ain’t broke, mod it till it is.”
Golf carts have worked like this for decades, and the gator is basically a golf cart.

True enough. But it's been annoying for a long time too.
Sometimes I procrastinate.
Different people use it. As others come and go the complaint is still the same.
I am sending it for some much needed maintenance so now would be a good time to follow through.