Heres one for you...

/ Heres one for you... #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
I had a strange thought today.[Like most days, but I usly keep them to my self/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif] I was makeing a wish list for the next motor in my Old Ford convertible, and I got to thinking. Why not take an old tractor,[a N Ford, Farmall, Case, whathave you] And update the motor a bit? Holly has a bolt on fuel injection system that will fit on just about anything. You would just have to rig an adapter plate.[cake for me] Also theres a compony called Pertronics[sp] that has an elect ingnition conversion for most distruberters. Granted you would have to convert to 12 volt, [also easy for me] You would also need a good alt., a GM one wire would do the trick. [also some new brackets] Some real guages[VDO, and SW has some nice vintage looking ones that would fit in well]so you could realy see whats going on. I think you would have a real nice running tractor. Bet you would also get a few more HP out of it. Hmm/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif I may just have to try some of this, if I ever get something. Any input? Just thinking outloud.

/ Heres one for you... #2  
Okay Paul /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif..just how stronge do you make your coffee now /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif just kidding. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

This much I would say..it would be a sight to see also drive. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Heres one for you...
Oh. I'm not big on leaving things stock./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Heres one for you... #4  
hmmm a fuel injected tractor.. cool!

the petronics unit works well in my '53 CJ3-B.

/ Heres one for you...
<font color=red>the petronics unit works well in my '53 CJ3-B</font color=red>

Ya I have one in my boat. I love it. I have an old Mallory unit on my old Ford that also dore a good job, just not as durable. I love old cars, and motors, But I HATE points! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Heres one for you...
<font color=red>how about some nitro</font color=red>

Na, got to be able to use it. But some kind of a small blower would do the trick. Something like a Paxton, or Vortec. hmm/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif you got me thinking now.....................

/ Heres one for you... #8  
I just rerad someplace they have a sensor that allows it to inject as the throttle plate opens. Unlike on a drag car that only works on wide open throttle. Oh I read this in one of last months 4wd mags. An article on if Nitro has a place in the trail ride, rockcrawling arena.

Like the blower...too..

/ Heres one for you... #9  
We may need to add some wheely bars too....

/ Heres one for you...
Heres a link to the FI system I was talking about....

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/501-12.html>http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/501-12.html</A>

I got that idea when a Jeep mag adaped one to an old flat head 4 cyl Jeep.