Hey 4707 Owners

/ Hey 4707 Owners #1  

AJKelly

Tractor
Kubota
Getting ready to order a 4707 with deluxe cab, Dyna-2, FL 3615 loader, 83” HD bucket, 34 inch tire.

Any regrets out there?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AJ

/ Hey 4707 Owners #2  
I've only had my 407 for a month now, but initial impressions are pretty good.

Back in '07, I bought a MF 1540 Powershuttle. It was a GREAT tractor. Best tractor I had ever used, bar none. Then the economy crapped out and I had to sell it in '09. Four years later I bought a 1643 Hydro and it was a good tractor, but two things always bugged me about it: the hydro transmission was loud and weak in the two upper ranges...and the loader was jerky and too fast. It was dangerous to use, really.

I've been needing a bigger machine for a while and I'm more of a gear guy, so I traded the 1643 for the 4707 and the FL3615 loader. This is a lot of tractor. Maybe not to guys out west, but for around here, it's pretty big. I'm still trying to adjust to the size of it. We've got a 125 acre farm and I don't see any job being too much for this tractor.

I ended up getting the 12x12, not the Dyna transmission. I wouldn't have minded 1st gear being slower, but I'll live with it. Also, with a "deluxe" cab, I would think a cell phone holder would be standard, but there's no holder in this cab. Someone else has a 2850 with the deluxe cab it came with a cell phone holder. So far, those are the only two misgivings I have with it.

Massey seems to have really put a lot of effort into the 4700 series, because this is a very good looking tractor that has quite a bit of weight to it and appears to be well designed and well built. Did I mention that I really like the loader? It's exceptionally smooth and it helped seal the deal for me.

/ Hey 4707 Owners #3  
I’ve got about 100 hours on mine. Also have the power shuttle but the 931x loader. The loader has done everything I’ve asked of it and seems plenty stout for my purposes, and you can get the soft ride with it. I did.
im very happy with the tractor. No issues and it’s does what I need. I upgraded from an open station 1540. I was tired of freezing when I was clearing my driveway which is a bit over 1/4 mile of gravel, I’m looking forward to the heated cab this winter.

/ Hey 4707 Owners #4  
I've only had my 407 for a month now, but initial impressions are pretty good.

Back in '07, I bought a MF 1540 Powershuttle. It was a GREAT tractor. Best tractor I had ever used, bar none. Then the economy crapped out and I had to sell it in '09. Four years later I bought a 1643 Hydro and it was a good tractor, but two things always bugged me about it: the hydro transmission was loud and weak in the two upper ranges...and the loader was jerky and too fast. It was dangerous to use, really.

I've been needing a bigger machine for a while and I'm more of a gear guy, so I traded the 1643 for the 4707 and the FL3615 loader. This is a lot of tractor. Maybe not to guys out west, but for around here, it's pretty big. I'm still trying to adjust to the size of it. We've got a 125 acre farm and I don't see any job being too much for this tractor.

I ended up getting the 12x12, not the Dyna transmission. I wouldn't have minded 1st gear being slower, but I'll live with it. Also, with a "deluxe" cab, I would think a cell phone holder would be standard, but there's no holder in this cab. Someone else has a 2850 with the deluxe cab it came with a cell phone holder. So far, those are the only two misgivings I have with it.

Massey seems to have really put a lot of effort into the 4700 series, because this is a very good looking tractor that has quite a bit of weight to it and appears to be well designed and well built. Did I mention that I really like the loader? It's exceptionally smooth and it helped seal the deal for me.

where did you end up getting yours? I bought my 1540 from the local dealer, but when I needed to upgrade they did not have , nor could they tell me when they could get a 4707 when I needed one last March. I ended up having one shipped in. I like those guys up I Pomfret but unfortunately they couldn‘t get me what I needed. I agree I could have used a creeper gear on the 4707 but it would have been a 12 month wait.

/ Hey 4707 Owners #5  
Getting ready to order a 4707 with deluxe cab, Dyna-2, FL 3615 loader, 83” HD bucket, 34 inch tire.

Any regrets out there?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AJ
Go ahead and add the 3rd function if there is any chance of adding a grapple or something to the loader.
I have not had any regrets with mine other than maybe getting the fl loader rather than the 931x. Not that the 931 isn’t doing it’s job it’s just the fl looks much heavier built. Idk. I really like the dyna2 you won’t regret that at all.

/ Hey 4707 Owners #6  
Hey All,
Is there a way to free spin the pto shift to make it easier to align the spline with attachments? I used to a pto neutral lever but I did see anything in the manual about it. I have a 2022 mf 4707

/ Hey 4707 Owners #7  
I have a 4710 but only 50 hours but so far so good. It's primary duty is pulling a 12' batwing and light loader work in the winter months. You can not feather the clutch in the lower 3 gears, it's either engaged or disengaged but that's my only gripe. Everything else is to notch on this tractor. I have the Dyna 2 and even just running the bush hog it comes in extremely handy.

As far as hooking up the pto, I slide the 540/540E shifter to the middle which neutrals the shaft in the tractor and then you can spin it by hand.

/ Hey 4707 Owners #8  
I have a 4710 but only 50 hours but so far so good. It's primary duty is pulling a 12' batwing and light loader work in the winter months. You can not feather the clutch in the lower 3 gears, it's either engaged or disengaged but that's my only gripe. Everything else is to notch on this tractor. I have the Dyna 2 and even just running the bush hog it comes in extremely handy.

As far as hooking up the pto, I slide the 540/540E shifter to the middle which neutrals the shaft in the tractor and then you can spin it by hand.
Thanks. I figured it out buy reading a UK version of the 4700 global flier. The mentioned that the pto switch was a 3 position switch...On/neutral/off. I used it today with a 6 foot bush hog which looks tiny on this frame size. Thanks again for the response, I appreciate it.

/ Hey 4707 Owners #9  

Any regrets out there?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AJ
Did you order a 4707? If so, did you get it yet? I signed the papers for my 4707 in November and so far, it's been scheduled to be here 3 different times, without showing up. January, February, and now May 1st. I'm still waiting.

/ Hey 4707 Owners
No I wanted to order but they would not accept an order with the Dyna 2. I was told if I did order it without the Dyna 2 it would still be the end of July before it would come in. They found one for me in upstate NY that had a Dyna 2 that met my needs.

Last edited: