Hey Moderators...

/ Hey Moderators... #1  

mbohuntr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
Here's a thought... What about a spot dedicated to welding?? I'm sure people don't mind answering questions about welding, but it seems the same ones keep popping up. If we had a spot where there was a tutorial on most of the aspects of welding, then people would have a place to go with the most common questions, and then if those aren't answered there they could go on to the forums... Just a thought. It could be separated by type (MIG, ARC, and TIG.) offering the pros and cons of each type.

/ Hey Moderators... #2  
My :2cents:, There are plenty of dedicated forums already for welding.

/ Hey Moderators... #3  
There is no need for welding discussions. If you have a problem, just go hire a professional welder. :)

/ Hey Moderators... #4  
There is no need for welding discussions. If you have a problem, just go hire a professional welder. :)

A late friend of mine used to say that was nothing more dangerous than a farmer with a cutting torch and a welder. You never know what they are going to come up with!:D

/ Hey Moderators... #5  
Here's a thought... What about a spot dedicated to welding?? I'm sure people don't mind answering questions about welding, but it seems the same ones keep popping up. If we had a spot where there was a tutorial on most of the aspects of welding, then people would have a place to go with the most common questions, and then if those aren't answered there they could go on to the forums... Just a thought. It could be separated by type (MIG, ARC, and TIG.) offering the pros and cons of each type.

This is the welding site i hang out at.:thumbsup: - There is other ones too.

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

/ Hey Moderators... #6  
I look at weldingweb.com and weldingtipsandtricks.com if you do not get your wish, maybe check them out. It would not hurt to have a welding column here.

/ Hey Moderators... #7  
Could go either way on this. Welding questions come up routinely whlie trying to build something, and usually it's helpful to get an answer about something specific being built to be it's being welded the right way.

The general questions about which welder to get are probably better served by going to specific welding forums because those guys are so versed in the specific characteristics of particular welding machines right down to specific models in a product line.

/ Hey Moderators... #8  
Sounds like the consensus is no welding sticky, and I tend to agree. How about some kind of sticky in one of the forums that lists specialized forums.

I know that if I'm looking for information about tractors, I come here. If I'm looking for professional welder/welding information I go to Hobartwelders.com. If I want information on installing tile, marble, or stone, I go to johnbridge.com. If need information on repairing outboard motors or boats, I go to the Iboats forum.

/ Hey Moderators...
I like it!!! I'm always trying to get info on this or that project. :thumbsup:

/ Hey Moderators... #10  

Go in the news/feedback forum and ask your question.- since a moderator hasn't left a post in here.:2cents: