Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft..

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft..
Found this on Patriots.win :

Attachments

• 861BBBB9-AA4C-4D5B-AD33-C7481BD36FCF.png
    861BBBB9-AA4C-4D5B-AD33-C7481BD36FCF.png
    571.2 KB · Views: 50
   / Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #62  
I always think of high-lift jack mechanisms as being dirt sensitive. Maybe I'm wrong but leaving it out in the dirt like ones hood, doesn't seem like a good idea.

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #64  
I've never found an out of the way place to store one on a pickup.
I haven’t either. I haven’t used mine in a long time, but used to slop the never seize on it. I bought a nice mount for it years ago so the jack would hang on the edge of the bed rail. It was nice for a few months then the mount broke.

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #65  
I've had a Hi-Lift Xtreme 48" since 2014, and I have used it. I also consider it a tool of last resort. It has tried (never successfully) to hurt/maim/kill while being used. They are awesome once you pull of that task, but they are scary as all heck to use... especially after you have witnessed a situation where the jack base slips (even on flat concrete) or the item being manipulated moves and the jack becomes a violent 60 LB projectile. They demand MAXIMUM respect and fear, and if you keep that in mind, you may use it and never remove teeth or snap bone with it. I hate it, I am scared to use it, but I also have been in situations where it was the only thing I could use.
Being an old fart, I grew up with the father of these wonderful things.
They used to be standard equipment in cars & trucks.
Just not built quite as good or safe.
Still have one from the early 50's in the barn that gets used from time to time.
Kids today & there fears still surprise me.

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #67  
   / Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #68  
This is the one that I had; https://hi-lift.com/accessories/loc-rac/

That little hook didn't last very long though. I probably put it someplace, thinking I would fix it someday.
That was about 25 years ago.