Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft..

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #42  
I have the 4' that my FIL had that I use quite often and will say when you need one there is no better tool to have but a LARGE dose of common sense is a must as is with any tool.

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #43  
   / Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #44  
I can’t imagine where that 1 extra foot will come in handy. If you get the bigger one, promise you’ll take video of each time you use it. You will be guaranteed to eventually get some viral worthy footage.

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #45  
Forty Four posts and climbing but you have never yet said what you want to do with a "high lift jack." What is it for? What are you trying to do with it? Are you talking what farmers call "barn jacks" and Jeep chasers call tire changer jacks for deep rut travel... ??

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #46  
48" and 60"
Inevitably I will need a serious Jack or two, so I might as well get them BEFORE I really need them.

just looking to start arguments about whether to stick with the handier 48” size, get the extended capability of the 60” size, or maybe just get one of each.

Then there is the question of which model version, just to liven things up.

thoughts?

thank you!
. I will assume you speak of jack alls. Jack alls.....the jack of last resort and the one most likely to see to it that one way or another your child making days are done. Think about what you are doing with these very carefully when using them. Starting with do I have to use this thing/is there another way? No other way huh....Level and firm ground under it. Can the object being lifted move shift in any way? If it can move shift secure it....preferably before lifting it. Anything heavy getting lifted has a lot of stored energy and the heavier the object is the more stored energy.......food for thought.

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft..
48" and 60"

. I will assume you speak of jack alls. Jack alls.....the jack of last resort and the one most likely to see to it that one way or another your child making days are done. Think about what you are doing with these very carefully when using them. Starting with do I have to use this thing/is there another way? No other way huh....Level and firm ground under it. Can the object being lifted move shift in any way? If it can move shift secure it....preferably before lifting it. Anything heavy getting lifted has a lot of stored energy and the heavier the object is the more stored energy.......food for thought.
If they made SERIOUSLY WELL-CONSTRUCTED Acme-Screw tall jacks like the 60’s vintage bumper jacks I have but won’t use for more than 500lb loads, I’d get them instead...

Attachments

• 66445294-3CE8-4809-B3AC-5ADFBCBB70E5.jpeg
    66445294-3CE8-4809-B3AC-5ADFBCBB70E5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
   / Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft.. #48  
I read a lot of posts about those jacks because they were invented and are manufactured just down the road from here. Seems like, all other things being equal, buying a third world knockoff would be even riskier. My stereotype of knockoffs in general is some distributor ships a real one overseas and says, "How much for 10,000 of something that looks like this?" New source can only measure the real one but has no concept of acceptable tolerances, metallurgy, etc that the OEM has learned the hard way.
Hey! I was born and raised in the town where Hi-Lifts are manufactured. Sounds like you are from an awesome part of the world!
I don't live there now but get back there multiple times a year. I still call it home. Great place, and a great jack if you are careful.

/ Hi-Lift Jacks... debating 4ft vs 5ft..
Appalachia is awesome!

Jersey City, well, it has a richly-deserved reputation . . . Let’s leave it at that. . .