Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or?

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #11  
<snip>
I'm cheap, but prefer the term "careful buyer". Of course being retired and having the luxury of time is definitely an asset.
I'm much the same. But it seems almost every day I see a tool or piece of equipment that will greatly ease my tasks.

I used to try and get by with a Bronson rock and duct tape, but as my wallet expanded tools have been acquired at an astounding rate.

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #12  
I have had one of the HF lifts for a few years and found it handy, even in the house!
First pic pulling engine from mortar mixer. I set the same height and slid motor on.
Second pic installing 150 lb wall oven. Used lift to remove oven from PU and then to install in wall.

Attachments

• 000_0424.JPG
    000_0424.JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN1130.JPG
    DSCN1130.JPG
    557.5 KB · Views: 83
   / Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or?
I’m fabricating hold down brackets for an anvil so I used the high lift jack to elevate the whole assembly. Any time I DON’T have to kneel or bend over is a good day in my books.

IMG_1514.JPG

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #14  
I’m fabricating hold down brackets for an anvil so I used the high lift jack to elevate the whole assembly. Any time I DON’T have to kneel or bend over is a good day in my books.

View attachment 564284
Terry, Not to be a critic BUT... why are your 2 x 4 supports on end? That is scaring me a bit.

Terry, Not to be a critic BUT... why are your 2 x 4 supports on end? That is scaring me a bit.

Good point, Mark. I needed the extra 2" of lift in able to move it around. Once the forks raise a certain height the stabilizers engage.

Plus I figured they'd have more strength on edge, but I SHOULD have doubled them up or used 4x4's.

Fixed it Mark. Thanks for pointing that out.
IMG_1515.JPG

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #18  
Many years ago I was lucky enough to come across a Blue Giant Lift for $300. Industrial unit with it's own power pack . I made a heavy 4' x 8' frame and put a piece steel on it for my every day workbench. Mounted heavy casters to the base in case I have to move it around. When lowered it's about 4 or 5 inches off the floor and raises to about 36'' or whatever. Great for most projects , atv's lawnmowers and such. I don't know what I would do without it. A lot better than bending down on the floor like a dog doing something to a football. The drawback for me is it can be a junk collector.
Look here: Blue Giant - Blue Giant Single Scissor Lifts
Al

Many years ago I was lucky enough to come across a Blue Giant Lift for $300. Industrial unit with it's own power pack . I made a heavy 4' x 8' frame and put a piece steel on it for my every day workbench. Mounted heavy casters to the base in case I have to move it around. When lowered it's about 4 or 5 inches off the floor and raises to about 36'' or whatever. Great for most projects , atv's lawnmowers and such. I don't know what I would do without it. A lot better than bending down on the floor like a dog doing something to a football. The drawback for me is it can be a junk collector.
Look here: Blue Giant - Blue Giant Single Scissor Lifts
Al

THAT is ideal. Especially having its own power pack!