Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or?

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #1  

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
I picked up this high lift manual pallet jack this morning. It’s an older model but “low mileage” as it was only used in the home garage of a heat pump installer. (and only 10 minutes away from my house)

It has 30” of lift with a 2200# capacity and can only be used with an open bottomed pallet. (No bottom boards). Probably most commonly used for order picking heavy boxes etc.

I figured it would be handy to raise heavy stuff to work bench, weld table, hydraulic press bed height. I might try to find a used mag/aluminum loading dock plate to use for rolling small garden tractors or mowers onto for servicing.

Or a 4’x5’ welding table. There’s a whole realm of possibilities for
it’s use. I’m sure some of you could come up with great applications for your own situations. Ideas???

Here’s a pic of it raising my 4’x8’ welding table. This is for demonstration purposes only.

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1345.JPGIMG_1341.JPG

I have a shop forklift but for $100 I didn’t think I could go wrong.

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #2  
Have I mentioned lately that you SUCK??!? :laughing:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200631801_200631801

I've drooled over those but Northern's shipping makes their prices even higher, so I bought one of these on a coupon deal

Motorcycle Lift Table, 1 Lb. Capacity

The intent was (still is, wanna buy a vintage table saw??!?) to use any or all of your ideas - it's still in the box (wanna buy a virgin 45 year old table saw??!?) but the plan is to actually USE it (blasphemy, I know) for either a cabinet assembly station (with a 4'x12' torsion box fastened to it) or fab up wider "wings" (including the ramp) so it's wide enough for my ZTR...

If I had as much time/energy as I do brain farts, I'd probly take up cage fighting; after all, I'm ONLY 73 :rolleyes: ...Steve

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or?
Have I mentioned lately that you SUCK??!? :laughing:
Steve

BTW. I know Steve already did the conversion in his head but my purchase price was really only around US$70

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #4  
I picked up this high lift manual pallet jack this morning. It痴 an older model but 斗ow mileage as it was only used in the home garage of a heat pump installer. (and only 10 minutes away from my house)

It has 30 of lift with a 2200# capacity and can only be used with an open bottomed pallet. (No bottom boards). Probably most commonly used for order picking heavy boxes etc.

I figured it would be handy to raise heavy stuff to work bench, weld table, hydraulic press bed height. I might try to find a used mag/aluminum loading dock plate to use for rolling small garden tractors or mowers onto for servicing.

Or a 4遅5 welding table. There痴 a whole realm of possibilities for
it痴 use. I知 sure some of you could come up with great applications for your own situations. Ideas???

Here痴 a pic of it raising my 4遅8 welding table. This is for demonstration purposes only.

View attachment 563325

View attachment 563326View attachment 563327

I have a shop forklift but for $100 I didn稚 think I could go wrong.

Cool stuff. I picked up a foot pump up rolling table that lifts 1200#. Got it at a Fastenal scratch and dent event for $40.00 Had to build my own foot bar but how hard was that. Does a lot of lifting for me. In and out of the back of my truck as well as an extra length when needed with my welding bench. I cover it and paint on it and a million other uses. When not needed, It goes down and rolls under a shelf totally out of the way. I like the pallet jack for the extra weight and length. Great buy at $100.

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #5  
Terry, lately I have been thinking of banning you from my readings. I keep reading your posts on all things shop related, and trying not to stare at the background in the pics (hoping hard that it isn't 'just' your garage shop). While I am feeling the inspiration, I am also feeling the exasperation. Mainly because I don't have the floorspace nor the time to restore heavy tools back to their glory.

Please do keep antagonizing me! :drink:

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #6  
Those arent exactly as easy to use as a standard pallet jack but i think i would keep it as a pallet jack. The right pallet and sawhorse combo with that thing would be ideal for servicing lawn movers or go karts. You could lift a whole fleet of them.

Mechanical screw scissor jacks would be my choice for an adjustable height welding table. If I wanted an adjustable height table, that is.

Those arent exactly as easy to use as a standard pallet jack but i think i would keep it as a pallet jack. The right pallet and sawhorse combo with that thing would be ideal for servicing lawn movers or go karts. You could lift a whole fleet is.

I agree and that IS the plan. I have two conventional pallet jacks and a forklift for the shop.

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #8  
I agree and that IS the plan. I have two conventional pallet jacks and a forklift for the shop.

I picture a "C" shaped sawhorse used on its side instead of on the ends. That would look like it grew there. Hide the jack and make people wonder how you did it.

Weird to admit to myself but pallet jacks and aircompressors are my favorite equipment. It's more socially acceptable to lust after Snap-On.

/ Hi Lift Pallet Jack for Adjustable Height Weld Table or? #9  
Terry, lately I have been thinking of banning you from my readings. I keep reading your posts on all things shop related, and trying not to stare at the background in the pics (hoping hard that it isn't 'just' your garage shop). While I am feeling the inspiration, I am also feeling the exasperation. Mainly because I don't have the floorspace nor the time to restore heavy tools back to their glory.

Please do keep antagonizing me! :drink:

Yup, another poster that may HAVE to go on my Ignore list. That's "Ignore or I'll go broke!" :)

Yup, another poster that may HAVE to go on my Ignore list. That's "Ignore or I'll go broke!" :)

LOL. I feel compelled to clarify. No, I did not marry a rich heiress (but not for lack of trying).

A few big ticket items were purchased for the farm many years ago, however funding for newly acquired items was accomplished through patient buying - refurbishing-selling- upgrading....

I'm cheap, but prefer the term "careful buyer". Of course being retired and having the luxury of time is definitely an asset.