Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good?

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #11  
Local Heavy Duty tire dealer put Hi-Run tires on three of my trailers. I am replacing the last set this week with a different brand. All three trailers have had Hi-Run tires de-laminate. And yes, the tires had the correct pressure, and each trailer specified Load Range D, which I bought. First two trailers had the same manufacturing lot installed. The one that failed today was a different lot, manufactured less than 4 years ago.I am now running Load Range E. No more Hi-Run tires, ever!

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #12  
We've had quite a few failures. Equipment we have comes stock with them. Usually after a year or so, they will develop a pretty nasty wart on the side wall.

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #13  
Anything made in China is crap..I don't care what it is.. jmo

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #14  
Anything made in China is crap..I don't care what it is.. jmo

Won't say it is all crap, but it is almost always inferior quality. Not to mention, a LOT of what they produce is contaminated with materials other than what should be in it. Their base materials such as steel and rubber has lots more impurities in it, as well as more porosity and voids.

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #15  
All of the hi-run on my dump trailer had belt breakage issues. Replaced by Firestone steeltex LT tires. No more issues. CJ

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #16  
I had to replace the 4 tires on my camper, went to the guy I buy all my tires from and he suggested Triangle Tires.
He has been installing them for several years on dump trailers and has none come back with issues.
I went up a load range from C to D, it was only $5 more per tire.
I have had them on the camper for 3 years and have had no problems, have put several thousand miles on them.

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #17  
All of the Chinese tires are junk. We have replaced all tires on all campers, trailers, etc.

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #18  
Would I put a 30K tractor on a trailer with china made tires ?. Not Would I pull my 25K camper on china bombs ? Not
On my 10K trailers LT 16 inch tires , On my 7K trailers the highest load range Passenger tires I can find .

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #19  
When I bought my 10K GN dual wheeled trailer it had four Hankooks on one axle half tread. On the other axle were four totally worn out tires, can't remember the brand. I bought four new Hi-Run tires. Wore them out very quickly and saw little to no wear on the old Hankooks. Went to the tire store and bought four Hankooks to replace the Hi-Runs. Couple weeks later I was checking oil in the hubs. My eyes just happened to focus on the "Made in" on the side of the new Hankooks. Said Made in China........ I looked at the old Hankooks and they are made in Korea....... We'll see how this plays out. :(

/ Hi-Run Trailer Tires Made In China. Are They Any Good? #20  
I use them on all of my trailers and have never had any complaints about them. I have several dump and flatbed trailers.