High fuel cost and wood

/ High fuel cost and wood #91  
Diesel is high, so is gas, on weekends however the streets and highways are full of cars going who knows where, If people keep driving on weekends like there's no tomorrow gas and diesel will remain high, because of the demand simple logic, why would the oil companies drill for more oil when the price is where they like it?

/ High fuel cost and wood #92  
My state is making so much money on oil that the legislature is considering adopting payments to residents to share the oil wealth. The prices are a double edged sword. Lots of things on the state wish list are seeing significant new funding due to oil revenues.

/ High fuel cost and wood
Diesel is high, so is gas, on weekends however the streets and highways are full of cars going who knows where, If people keep driving on weekends like there's no tomorrow gas and diesel will remain high, because of the demand simple logic, why would the oil companies drill for more oil when the price is where they like it?
People are funny. Even with the fuel costs way up, and everyone talking about it, still lots of weekend drivers here. And most still drive way above the speed limit wasting fuel. Cars idling for half an hour warming up to be comfy in the morning. And the line ups at the coffee take outs aren't getting shorter. And how about the couple who work the same hours in the same town but each take their own car 10 miles one way each day.
Getting back to the tractor / wood I guess I will be charging $20 surtax on a cord this year.

/ High fuel cost and wood #94  
why would the oil companies drill for more oil when the price is where they like it?
If oil prices remain high, more money will be spent on creating energy efficient vehicles and alternative energy sources. This will ultimately hurt the oil companies.
Yes, many are diversified but oil is still their bread & butter.

/ High fuel cost and wood #95  
I just heard that some from California are going to Mexico to fuel... 3.76$/gallon vs $6.00

/ High fuel cost and wood #98  
A lot of folks near the border are travelling from PA into MD to buy gas right now. PA= $4.31, MD= $3.81. $10 cheaper to fill a 20 gal tank.

/ High fuel cost and wood #99  
I was in Steamboat this past week and gas was $7.56 a gallon, Diesel was $8.10. The mountain was full of people...high gas was slowing no-one down. My bloody Mary was $40 on the mountain and beers were $15.

The consumer is holding up...

/ High fuel cost and wood #100  
I was in Steamboat this past week and gas was $7.56 a gallon, Diesel was $8.10. The mountain was full of people...high gas was slowing no-one down. My bloody Mary was $40 on the mountain and beers were $15.

The consumer is holding up...
I believe the folks that can; travel, pay outrageous prices for booze and fuel - I'm not slamming them by any means.

Those who were living paycheck to paycheck or on a fixed income can't because any perceived/actual disposable income has or is currently, being used to offset the prices in items like you speak of plus normal living expenses e.g, electricity, food, etc.