High fuel cost and wood

/ High fuel cost and wood #121  
I’m not trying to pile on but when I told my son gas was over $7 in Steamboat , he used to work there, he said I doubt it so he looked it up. It looks like it’s a little over $4 a gallon, which is a little less than we are paying in Western Illinois.

/ High fuel cost and wood #122  
An anecdotal example showing a roaring economy was bragging? That's a first.

Folks that can pay $40 for a drink, $15 for a beer and $300 for lunch are not living in the real world. It is somewhat like Pelosi and her $20,000+ fridge eating $12 a pint ice cream. She actually believes that is "normal".

The high cost of fuel is immaterial to the wealthy so not sure how your example fits this thread. If you think a place that caters to the rich demonstrates a "roaring economy" you are misguided.

I know people who cannot afford to put more than $50 at a time in their gas tank and sometimes all they can afford is $20 if it is a couple of days before they get paid. I suppose no one on this forum is that poor, but that is reality for some.

/ High fuel cost and wood #123  
I know people who cannot afford to put more than $50 at a time in their gas tank and sometimes all they can afford is $20 if it is a couple of days before they get paid. I suppose no one on this forum is that poor, but that is reality for some.
I can surely relate, depends on the time of year, how much is left on plastic/paper, how much seed, fuel, fertilizer, drugs, (animal type) etc, etc costs as to how much fuel I can purchase.

Try to cut costs as much as possible on items that don't affect the bottom line e.g., use Mule instead of farm truck/tractor when practical.

/ High fuel cost and wood #124  
It has not been that long ago that I put gas in my car, $5 at a time. And still see a few people at country store coming in and buying $3 to $10 in gas at a time. Even see people paying in coins. And you may first want to help, but you notice that they are smoking $5 a pack cigarettes.

/ High fuel cost and wood #125  
I usually fill my truck 30 gallons at a time when it holds 88. Mostly because loosing 30 gallons to theft would hurt less than 88. I’ve never had any fuel stolen but it wouldn’t be hard.

/ High fuel cost and wood #126  
I’m not trying to pile on but when I told my son gas was over $7 in Steamboat , he used to work there, he said I doubt it so he looked it up. It looks like it’s a little over $4 a gallon, which is a little less than we are paying in Western Illinois.

Shoooot, its cheaper there than here in Michigan. Lots of $4.09/gal

/ High fuel cost and wood #127  
Charging 350 USD per cord plus delivery 🚚.

I am up 100 USD per cord since Nov 2021 .

Not one of my customers has complained yet .
I paid $420/cord last year. It was delivered and while I thought it was steep, I just pointed where I wanted it stacked. Not my idea of a fun weekend to cut up, split and stack a cord of wood.

CT

/ High fuel cost and wood #128  
I just heard that some from California are going to Mexico to fuel... 3.76$/gallon vs $6.00
I have heard that like 85% of Mexico's fuel is imported from the USA. Also heard that the Mexican government stripped the taxes from the fuel to help the consumers (citizens) from paying more for fuel than necessary. Haven't verified this, but heard on talk radio this week.

CT

/ High fuel cost and wood #129  
Did I just read this correctly that Maryland suspended their state fuel tax?
36 cents/gallon is fairly significant.

/ High fuel cost and wood #130  
Did I just read this correctly that Maryland suspended their state fuel tax?
36 cents/gallon is fairly significant.

It's actually just to the high side of average. Most folks have no idea how much fuel is taxed. Remember when it was ~1.50? It may have actually been .99 without tax!