hitch attachment

/ hitch attachment #11  
If spending quality time in the mud you may want to add some mods
20140905_123006.jpg

/ hitch attachment #12  
Check out the “Heavy Hitch “ line of receiver hitch stuff for ideas.

I have one but don’t hardly use it since I welded a receiver hitch tube on my quick hitch.

There is one difference in use to be aware of.
The three point doesn’t have down pressure and will lift easily up.
A car or truck and a tractor drawbar are mounted solidly.

Moving something that is heavy on the other end (tail heavy) can cause the 3 point to fly up.
You can chain it down to prevent that.
I tested this by trying to dump a load of topsoil with my tractor one day out of my dump trailer.

Imagine the scene.
Beautiful spring morning in southern Vermont with birds chirping all around a nicely mowed front lawn in front of an old farmhouse with wife cooking and looking out window at lawn.

Slight slope in yard with a deep ditch at bottom of slope across it.

Ol Lenny comes along with tractor pulling dump trailer full of dirt for new flowerbed. He backs the trailer uphill to dump.
Up goes the dump bed with the handy button on the end of a 10 ft cord while sitting in the seat.
Life is good.

Then. When the load of dirt gets high enough to transfer the center of gravity behind the trailer axles the trailer tongues slams up, 3 point slams up. Rear wheels (where we all know the tractor brakes are located) are lifted off the ground and away we all go down toward the ditch at bottom of slope envisioning front wheels dropping into ditch, stopping all forward momentum.
Well stopping the tractor’s forward momentum. The trailer would be pushing the tractor ass over teakettle probably(well... ass over Lenny more likely).
Contrary to what my wife says, there was NO screaming involved. She is lying.
The dirt slid out, hitch slammed down, rear wheels returned to earth and all came to a stop due to my skillful standing on the brake pedals and somewhat firm grip on steering wheel during the rapid descent down the hill.
After carefully assessing the situation it was found that all was well except a bad smell from my tractor seat. And my underwear.

Last edited:
   / hitch attachment
Lenny, your post went from Good Post, to Crappy One. Good story telling too

/ hitch attachment #14  
Lenny, your post went from Good Post, to Crappy One. Good story telling too
Yeah, I made one about 5 years ago. I used it about 2 times to move a trailer. I tried to use it as a low pulling point a few times. That didn't take long to rethink that idea. :oops: