Hog Hunting Public Land

/ Hog Hunting Public Land
Second one looks like an owl to me? Very rarely would you get reflections from both eyes from a hog in a trail cam.
Actually, you're right, that wing, the feathers, I thought that was the body of the hog; but when you say owl, I'm 90% sure you're right.

So, funny story, last night, daughter, wife and me *well, really wife was just tolerating* were talking about hunting. 9 y/o daughter goes, "I wish we could hunt ducks in Florida". I say, we can, we have ducks. "Why have you never told me, we have to start hunting ducks". Now, admittedly, she thought you caught them with a net, and took them home; but when she found out you use a shotgun, she still wants to try.

So, I guess I've got another mission for next year.

Small game ended today, and I didn't get on any hogs. I found some sign, and a really good looking area, just didn't get on any hogs. I did see a fair number of deer.

/ Hog Hunting Public Land #64  
Did your game cameras get pictures of hogs? I'm guessing that they are 100% nocturnal

Did your game cameras get pictures of hogs? I'm guessing that they are 100% nocturnal
It did not, but did see fresh hog scat on the trail that led to the area. I am pretty dang sure they where in the area while the camera was up, but angle must have been wrong. Did consistently see deer, and had a couple coyotes on there as well.

These WMAs, your kinda in a predicament; do you abandon an area that looks good, but not yielding results, for complete unknown. You only get a limited scouting window, and it's hard to get a good look at 12,000 acres of heavy swampy woods.

Anyway you look at it, I got some good exercise hiking in and out about 6 times.

So, also, should throw out there, in 6 or maybe 8 trips out to this WMA (not all to the same place, covered 4 primary areas); I only saw 1 person, and he was riding a dirt bike, and didn't appear to be hunting.